Strobe and Nav lights suddenly surrounded by a box of light

johnbolton

Sounds like some of these airports have changed your Effect/Textures. If any of these new downloads had an auto installer, you would never see the changes made as they would overwrite the older textures with the newer ones. When you say "all of your aircraft" are you referring to default as well as any 3rd party aircraft?

The one texture file that I suspect that got changed or deleted is fx_2.bmp in your Effects/Texture folder

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, both default and third party aircraft are affected.

What should I look for/change in fx_2.bmp in the texture folder. Would this be the texture folder immediately under Microsoft Games. Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or in the individual aircraft texture files?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes, both default and third party aircraft are affected.

What should I look for/change in fx_2.bmp in the texture folder. Would this be the texture folder immediately under Microsoft Games. Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or in the individual aircraft texture files?

You would find that texture.bmp in your FSX/Effects/Texture folder. I'll see if I can post a quick shot of what that file looks like.

light texture file.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived