Me-109G!

flightsimg

Hi!

A lot of WW2 planes lately on the site's vault :) Won't say that bother me :):)

That time it's just the one who just was on the other side :pilot:, the famed Me-109, the German plane of first gen who allowed Germany to victories until about 1942. That one is a G, for 'Gustav,' dated mid-1942 and figured here with the markings of Jagdgeschwader 54 (JG 54)

me109g.jpg

the photograph is in the area of Leningrad, Sep. 1942 in the morning

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yes, that's why I called the Me-109 part of Germany first gen aircraft. That technological lead by 1939, it's what decided Hitler to trigger WWII. He knew -- and that occurred -- that Germany's tech would be overtaken after that. And he then tried to regain supremacy through its 'wonder' weapons like the jet engine planes, rockets, etc.
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Ooops!

I just forgot to thanks Michael and Jan for their comments :confused: Thank you both for the comments. It is a favorite of a lot of simmers and of model-making people! And yes, Michael, they had some sense of dynamics with their airplanes' shapes. I personally made most of WW2 bombers or fighters when a kid. Barely the paint dried, I used them to attack, bomb, counterattack over my backyard which constituted a large battlefield :)

"...some sense of dynamics with their airplanes' shapes."

In some of their planes, Gérard, but in others, not so much. Personally, I find the war birds of the USA among the cleanest and mos aesthetically designed of the WW II era. I find nothing graceful, or beautiful about the Axis bombers and most of their fighters. I will give you the 109 and the Folkwolf,but that's about it. Much the same with the British, with the exception of the Spitfire and the Hawker, most had an oddity or two, and their bombers were as atrocious as those of the Axis. On the other hand the list of pretty planes that rolled off USA Assembly lines between 1940 and 1945 is almost endless. Just sayin'

Hi! I personally see what you think. On the other hand, German planes' dynamics were perfect in a link to action because Germans had that very sense of war. And I agree that some German planes might not have met that criterium. Maybe mostly the B-17, on the Allied side, had that as they had to be added with Mustangs. The English -- I think -- Hawker Typhoon might also go in that sense

Nice one. It was never officially called Me-109, but Bf-109, after the original manufacturer, Bayerische Flugzeugwerke.

That is a beautiful bird! What a shame it was used as it was!!

That goes for many warplanes of the era, from both sides.

Klee: Well, that's subjective. To me, most of those US warplanes look boring and trivial, while the "ugliness" of Axis and British warplanes actually make them look good, like alien war machines. Cuz after all, they're war machines, and they should look as such. ;)

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived