Entire "addon Scenery" folder added to FS9 Scenery Library?

mrichie

I have a LOT of scenery folders in the FS9 Scenery Library. While reviewing the list and doing some adjustments I noticed that I have the entire "Addon Scenery" folder listed in the FS9 Scenery Library. I can't remember if it is suppose to be there or

some time ago in a slip of the mouse it was added.

I'm reluctant to deselect it much less delete it from the Scenery Library until consulting with the collective wisdom here.

Is this normal and I just never noticed or could it be causing conflicts?

Suggestions?

FS9 Win 7 Ultimate Core i7 3.2 GHz 16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 580

"For every problem, no matter how complex, there is

always a solution that is simple, well reasoned, elegant

and wrong . . ." H. L. Mencken

Having the Addon Scenery folder listed in your scenery library is, if I recall correctly, a default setting. What it entails is the files you have in Addon Scenery\scenery, not everything in Addon Scenery. It shouldn't be causing conflicts unless something within that folder is causing problems.

Robert Smith

OK. Great thanks. I just saw it in the line up and it threw me off since most are airport specific.

Just wondering if it was a cause of some blurry buildings in ADE scenery. Most of the objects and all the a/c are crisp, but certain buildings from certain libraries are kind of fuzzy and never come into focus. Guess I'll start looking into that issue. Thanks again !

Yes, it MUST be there.. It has it's own default Scenery & Texture files, so it must be part of the library.

AS you know, other named Add-On scenery folders are additionally added to the library as well.

Not recommended, but you can copy all the Scenery & Texture folders from these added folders & just combine them all into the main Add-On folder.

'..combine them ALL into the main Add-On folder.'

DON'T DO IT!!! Make a seperate folder (unique name) for each add-on. That way you can delete if needed (or defective). You LUMP everything on the 'default' (yes, and as such, it is 'automatically' looked at by sim) folder(s) you WILL be sorry!! You can untick the 'Add-On' folder (area), whereupon you won't 'see' any ADDON scenery, but you should leave it alone otherwise. And DON'T EVER 'edit' the scenery cfg file. Let FS9 handle that (or again, you will be sorry). Find out what makes it 'tick', and add, remove, use, but don't try to 'fix' the system with 'clever' mods (like LUMPING ALL into ONE).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

No, not going down that road. It eliminates the ability to deactivate a specific scenery. I hade locations added in 2005-2009 era that needed to be removed because they were superseded by better scenery - especially from MAIW. I have enough trouble merging Aircraft files when a new set of textures come out for an existing plane - make sure AIR file and Model are correct etc. Now I have to figure what s going on with the blurry buildings. Ground textures are stable but certain buildings are fuzzy while others are crisp. I have to get a hobby . . . oh yea :p . . . I have one

Thanks to all for responding.

Archived