Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FlightSim Manager, alternative ?

Default FlightSim Manager, alternative ?

Hi guys,

I've been using the FlightSim Manager program for many years, predominantly for re-organizing my Scenery.cfg (almost 1000 scenery layers) file but very suddenly and for no apparant reason, this program no longer works. Error message: StachHash_4147, which seems to be a Windows7 (64bit) error message.

The problem cannot be related to any Windows7 updates because my dedicated FS9 machine has never been connected to the internet, ever since I purchased it about seven years ago. Furthermore, the problem does not seem to be related to the temporary system date editing script because that seems to work correctly as it has always done.

Does anyone know of an alternative program which can (also) re-organize my Scenery.cfg file in the FlightSim Manager style, while at the same time checking for errors ?

Any reactions will be much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Hans

Hello,

Maybe this ?
    http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/
    Download
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/
    Work fine for me under Windows 10 Enterprise .....
    Regards.
    Last edited by Avechelice; 02-25-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

Thanks Avechelice for your info. I've downloaded the program but havn't yet had the time to give it a try. Will do so soon and will post any comments.

Thanks again for your info.
    Hans

4. Default

I use fs_scenery_manager_v1.8 with Win10 (64) without problems

Hey Guys,

I've tried both your advised programs but was not able to find the function I was looking for and I must therefore now assume that my initial question was not clear enough, so here goes:.

All my almost 1000 scenery layers are alphabetically organized in named country folders and within each such folder, per airport name.
    My aircraft.cfg is organized and numbered in the same way but after adding any new entries via the FS9 "add area" method, they need to be manually moved from the top of the list, down to their correct alphabetical positions. This can sometimes be very tedious when it concernes, e.g. a new airport in Zimbabwe.

However, moving new sceneries down to their correct alphabetical positions always messes up the existing numerical layer sequences (without losing the overall file integrity).
    My now no longer working FSM program had a very specific function amongst all of the others, for re-numbered the whole scenery.cfg file, while keeping their basic alphabetical sequences intact and it's this very specific process which I am looking for.

Any reactions and/or ideas are seriously welcome
    Hans

Hi Hans, I use Scenery Config Editor v1.1.9 (the latest version) from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files/
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Alba L26M1 HDMI TV, Windows 7 x64

Hi Hans,

Using SCE some simple solutions to achieve what you want to do.......

Method 1 - When installing the new scenery

Prior to installing the new scenery ID it's required location within the listing and note the list number of the item that you want to place it ABOVE

for example if you have the following 2 entries 19=Canada and 20=Chile and want to add Chad in between the required number is 20......

Add the scenery as normal, filling the required info. Under the Path to Scenery Browse button you will see a field for Priority which will always read 1 unless you change it. Insert the required number (20 in the example) When added you will see that it has been added at the correct location - in the example the list will now read 19=Canada, 20=Chad and 21=Chile

Method 2 - After adding the scenery

ID it's required location within the listing and note the list number of the item that you want to place it BELOW -

Again, using the example above if you have the following 2 entries 19=Canada and 20=Chile and want to add Chad in between the required number is 19......

Select the entry to be moved and then click on the 'Edit Area' button. This will open the same window you get when installing new scenery - simply change the Priority list number and save.

When added you will see that it has been moved to the correct location - again, in the example the list will now read 19=Canada, 20=Chad and 21=Chile

EDIT.......WRT to 're-sequencing' - SCE has a function that can achieve this but it may not be entirely what you are after. Under the Actions menu listing is an entry titled Reset Area and Layers numbers and reorder the file..........EDIT END
    Last edited by longbreak754; 03-03-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added EDIT info and changed/corrected procedure details
    Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by longbreak754 View Post
    EDIT.......WRT to 're-sequencing' - SCE has a function that can achieve this but it may not be entirely what you are after. Under the Actions menu listing is an entry titled Reset Area and Layers numbers and reorder the file..........EDIT END
    Hi Hans,

Following posting and then re-editing my original post (at #7) I have, never having used it before, tested the function given in the edit.....

I can confirm that it re-orders the Area numbers and Layers into one continuous list, removing any gaps that have occurred due to missing Area/Layer numbers and that it keeps the order of the Priority list as defined by the user.

If you want a 'safety net' of sorts make a copy of the scenery.cfg.sce file beforehand - this is the file that all changes made in SCE are saved to prior to being written into the FSX scenery.cfg file when you launch FSX
    Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian. I'll take another good look at this very specific function as soon as I get the chance and will report back.

Thanks again.
    Hans

Brian,

I've tried installing SCE a number of times in my Win7 64bit but it evidently requires "Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0" to run. I downloaded and installed the latest version of this Java "thing" and then tried to open SCE. Result, some kind of Java crash with a lengthy list of Java "problems/errors".

After trying everything I could think of, e.g. older versions of Java and being confronted by the exactly the same results I've now given up and have uninstalled both Java and SCE.

HELP !!

Hans

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast