Glass in older aircraft addons

unclegreg

Greetings,

I've just downloaded and installed g8n1.zip from the library into FSX Deluxe. It's the Nakajima G8N bomber for FS 2002-2004. After tweaking the Aircraft.cfg I got it to show up in the sim. After replacing the prop_blurr.bmp I got the props semi transparent. Now, how do I get the glass transparent? I don't even see a bitmap for glass in the texture file. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

unclegreg

There are lots of prop and window fixes for many FS9 aircraft posted in the FSX library. Search there. I believe it has something to do with the alpha channel, and so there might be instructions on how to develop your own. Good luck.

Jim,

Based on the panel cfg I can't find the panel. This addon is originally from CFS2 so I downloaded that and put the panel in minus the gauges. It's a nice panel (no VC) but it doesn't solve the black glass problem. I converted the texture bitmaps from 16 bit (565) to DXT1 and now in spot view I can see through them against the sky and autogen but not against ground textures. Also the cockpit and crew textures are black looking into the cockpit from spot view.

Wlm,

Here's the link: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=62145186

I found the CFS2 original over at SOH as G8N1_RENZAN.zip

okbob,

Thank you. I found a lot of fixes for specific airplanes but no general fix. Maybe I can't find it?

Thanx to everyone for helping out. I really appreciate it.

unclegreg

Archived