Anyone know how to correct square images around Nav Lights?

Downwind66

I'm working on the Piper Seminole that Mr Zippy and il88pp has been helping archive1 on. I've got the aircraft up and running, all is good with the exception of the Nav lights having squares around them. I have had this problem before and could usually solve the problem by running FSX disk repair. Tried that already and that did not help in this case! Any help would be appreciated!

Rick

I'm working on the Piper Seminole that Mr Zippy and il88pp has been helping archive1 on. I've got the aircraft up and running, all is good with the exception of the Nav lights having squares around them. I have had this problem before and could usually solve the problem by running FSX disk repair. Tried that already and that did not help in this case! Any help would be appreciated!

Rick

Do they ever show up normally if you wait or hit "pause'?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Rick,

In the FSX display settings, try un-checking "Lens Flare" or "Light Bloom" or try switching off "Preview DirectX 10".

If you get Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer (Payware or freeware versions either here or AVSIM) should fix it with the above checked on.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

dogdish - Wow, took a break from the "Bad Lancair?" Okay, I found Lens Flare checked, unchecked it, Light Bloom was unchecked. Did not make a difference. I couldn't find any reference to "Preview DirectX 10!"

Would Steve's fixer work, even though I don't have DX10?

Sorry I ask so many questions! Oh, and my other dilemma this morning, my Lancair Legacy quit working, somehow lost the air.cfg file, Just reloaded that and got that all back again!

Anyway, thanks, let me know on Steve's fix. Thanks for the help! - Rick

dogdish - Wow, took a break from the "Bad Lancair?" Okay, I found Lens Flare checked, unchecked it, Light Bloom was unchecked. Did not make a difference. I couldn't find any reference to "Preview DirectX 10!"

Would Steve's fixer work, even though I don't have DX10?

Sorry I ask so many questions! Oh, and my other dilemma this morning, my Lancair Legacy quit working, somehow lost the air.cfg file, Just reloaded that and got that all back again!

Anyway, thanks, let me know on Steve's fix. Thanks for the help! - Rick

Steve's DX10 fixer will do nothing for you unless you have DX10 Preview checked in your Settings. If your graphics is DX10 capable (mine isn't) you would have that box just above Lens Flare and Light Bloom.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Okay guys! I got it. Mallcott's post got me thinking, thanks Mallcott! But, it wasn't effects. Turned out to be part of 4 gauge files. This will mean more to MrZ, in that he was helping archive1 with his download. I originally downloaded and liked the older Piper Seminole, everything worked and then Mr Z and il88pp came along helping archive1, but on a newer, much prettier texture and I just had to have that one. in the process of deleting old files getting ready for the newer coming in there were 4 files, same name as the newer ones, but different file size. I didn't know that at the time, so I let them be thinking they were the same files. Today, I was looking closer thanks to Mallcott, and did notice the size difference, so, I decided to delete the original old files and replace them with the newer files and it worked.

Mr Z - As you will recall the 4 files all to go to gauges, but I believe you went with the panel approach:

dsd_xlm_sound

dsd_xlm_sound3

P28A-R

PA44

So this download has everything working now. I hope archive1 got his going?

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate a boot from guys once in awhile! - Rick

The dsd files must go into the gauges folder. That has to do with the 'second fix' i posted in 'the other thread'.

I 'suggest' there a panel.cfg file edit, to add behind a gauge a bit for the .ini file.

That 'bit' contains info for fsx on where to look for the .ini file. It makes it look in the gauges folder. So put both the dsd files there.

Same with the pa28_gear.wav file. (not the exact name i think.). The file must be in ../fsx/Sound.

Happy Flights,

il.

Edit: adding link to 'the other thread':

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?310175-Missing-gauges-for-Seminole

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, a little late for the party, but I appreciate it just the same! I am learning the hard way, but probably the best way! I got my friends out there that give me just a little boot once in awhile to make me think of what I am doing! I appreciate that! Thanks - Rick

• 2 weeks later...
Okay guys! I got it. Mallcott's post got me thinking, thanks Mallcott! But, it wasn't effects. Turned out to be part of 4 gauge files. This will mean more to MrZ, in that he was helping archive1 with his download. I originally downloaded and liked the older Piper Seminole, everything worked and then Mr Z and il88pp came along helping archive1, but on a newer, much prettier texture and I just had to have that one. in the process of deleting old files getting ready for the newer coming in there were 4 files, same name as the newer ones, but different file size. I didn't know that at the time, so I let them be thinking they were the same files. Today, I was looking closer thanks to Mallcott, and did notice the size difference, so, I decided to delete the original old files and replace them with the newer files and it worked.

RE: piper_seminole_n571pu.zip

Well, I had it fixed for awhile. Had some computer problems this past week. Did a system restore which should not have effected the download, but something did. Anyway had to reload the Piper Seminole N571PU download again. Got the aircraft back, but I also got the square images around all 3 nav lights back! Fought this and fought this, almost gave up and then I went into the FSX default PA28-180 Cherokee config file to see what they use for nav lights. They use the following, which I tried on the Seminole, revised the aircraft cfg file and it worked:

fx_navred

fx_navgre

fx_navwhi

Delete the following suggested Effects folder items for the download and just go with the older default files w/o the "3":

fx_navred3.fx

fs_navgre3.fx

fs_navwhi3.fx

The Seminole download wants you to use the "3", but something about the digit "3" does not agree with my setup. All I can say, it worked for me. If you are having this problem, try changing the effects folder and associated aircraft cfg folder and see it it might help you!

Have a nice day! - Rick

Archived