(Work in Progress) : Airport AFCAD Updates 2018

rjord

Yesterday I began work on updating the AFCADS for airports to give them a fresh new and updated look as the real airports appear in 2018.

My plan is to start with Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport followed by the other airports around Australia and then begin the International airports.

I am currently using FSX to do this project as my computer is currently not capable of running P3D.

I looked at the AFCADS for Sydneys YSSY and compared them to what is currently at the "live" airport and the AFCADS are seriously out of date.

This is to be expected as FSX was released 12 years ago and, even though I am using the Steam version I suspect the AFCAD files are from the original FSX...though I could be wrong.

Some of the work to be done including adding new aircraft liveries are:

Sydney International Terminal 04 becomes the Qantas Freight International Terminal

Parking here is currently set to accept any of 135 Airlines instead of just Qantas Freight.

Polar Air Cargo will added to the correct place next to the Qantas Freight International Terminal

Sydney International Terminal 10 becomes Atlas Air

In the Domestic Terminals where the T3 Terminal should be FSX has the Terminal as Domestic Terminal 1

FSX has T1 and T2 terminals in the domestic area but no T3 Terminals.

T1, T2 and T3 to be limited to correct liveries that park there.

The Qantas Freight Domestic Terminal to be added to the right of the newly placed T3 terminal.

Qantas Domestic Freight fleet to park on apron to west of terminal.

Add Tasman Cargo Airlines and their 757-200F fleet.

Add Toll Air Freight and their fleet near the Domestic Terminals.

Add DHL Express which in FSX is incorrectly in 2 buildings called Hangar 12 and 13.

To the North of the freight areas listed above FSX has a building called syd dom quantaoffice

Assume this was a typo and should be syd dom qantasoffice

This building should be removed as the "live" airport has no building there and it is aircraft parking only.

As you can see much work to do but it will give the airports an updated realism as of 2018.

After looking at what will be involved with the project I am leaning towards making this 2018 version of the major airports as realistic in appearance as possible.

Will spend the weekend in predevelopment work on the project.

Textures will be created using Google Earth Pro and Photoshop.

Google Earth Pro will allow me to create high definition textures if I decide to go that way.

Sydney domestic Terminal.jpg

I have started work on creating the model for the new Sydney airport.......

At the same time I have started replacing the general aviation aircraft being seen throughout Australia.

Below is the list of General Aviation aircraft that have landed at YSSY in the last week.

Some of these aircraft may not make it into FSX if I cannot find an existing AI or make a new AI version of that aircraft.

These aircraft will be assigned the correct parking areas at the airport as well as a new timetable covering Australia.

Beechcraft Super King Air 200

Beechcraft Super King Air 350

Beechcraft Baron 58

Cessna Citation CJ1

Cessna Citation CJ2

Cessna Citation III

Canadair Challenger

Dassault Falcon 7X

Dassault Falcon 900

Bombardier Global Express

Gulfstream Aerospace Gulfstream IV

British Aerospace Jetstream Super 31

Learjet 35

Learjet 45

Pilatus PC-12

Robinson Clipper

Saab 340

After this is done I then redo the airliners.

Archived