~ Retro ~ FS2002 and the Dassault Falcon 50

Guest boxcar

Dassault's Falcon once had a simulator of its own, about 1997 or so, I think. I even wonder whether I didn't purchase FS98 thinking it was that Falcon simulator LOL Anyway Microsoft FS also is fine! :):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

That flight looks very nice, considering its' age. And especially today with a much faster machine, when I fly on a dark night and when I fly in an aircraft over scenery with almost no detail, slider position isn't usually an issue.

However I now mostly fly over much more dense scenery than was even available a very few years ago. And I usually fly by day, hence the issue with sliders. In my case I usually stay with default aircraft, which are still way more detailed than they were in earlier sims. And I choose to spend my frame rate on very dense scenery.

Others, such as tube-liner fans like to push every button and program their entire fight before takeoff. Then they cross their arms and let the plane fly itself. In which case, they can have huge issues using dense scenery. Frankly at flight level 340 you really don't see a lot of detail on the ground RW either. So less dense scenery is a good choice for them to make.

As to your shots, IMHO they are almost from a time capsule. But then as now, if your software has very little detail, sliders don't usually matter! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

What a lovely sight! I can draw a parallel between watching your FS2002 pics, and watching real-life photos of old metal birds from the 70s and 80s, because in both instances you could say I'm looking at a point in history before I was born. In the case of the real-life photos, I really hadn't been born when they were taken, and in the case of the FS2002 days, I "hadn't been born" into the world of FS during the glory days of FS2002. So I'm looking at FS2002 pics the way I'm looking at 727s and DC-8s, I know them, but I myself have no memories of them, since I wasn't around back then to experience them.
kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Yes FS2002 was not that bad in terms of pictures as it had some wants (ATC, taxiways markings, etc.) in terms of flying! However I had to fly it from about, say 2005 to 2014. As I eventually upgraded at the latter time with a more powerful rig, and that I found to buy one among the last FSX Gold boxed, I'm now well satisfied with FSX which likely represents a landmark in terms of personal flight simulator

As I have my French PPL (with the qualification no active now), even FS2002 had decided me to write my flightsim site dedicated about flying realistically because despite all the wants and that no agency ever recognized the FS franchise like a training simulator for real life, I personally found, based upon my real life flying experience, that all those FS were not so bad at maintaining some proficiency and interest. And generally, they are a fine hobby

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived