FSX Native Aero Commander AC680Super

usb777

I have been working with the FSX Native Aero Commander AC680Super by Milton Shupe and for some unknown reason the Nav lights stop working. The landing, beacon and strobes work OK. Anyone know anything about this one?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

It is the FedEx and Pegasus models and the lights work when Ioad the aircraft but after switching into the VC and 2D views I go back out and the red and green nav lights are out and will not come back on. Very strange.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Not sure what you mean flashing. If you mean the strobes they work fine just the left and right wing nav's green and red. I have other models of the aircraft they all work fine it is just the ac680s-fsx_rik models.

Mike G.

I found that it is when I go into the 2D cockpit. The lights are no longer working. Something to do with the panel maybe a gauge? Just guessing. I turned this one off and I believe it corrected the issue though I don't know why.

//gauge70=ST_680!Nav Lights flash, 341,31,18,24

Mike G.

Not sure what you mean flashing. If you mean the strobes they work fine just the left and right wing nav's green and red. I have other models of the aircraft they all work fine it is just the ac680s-fsx_rik models.

I normally fly from the 2D panel. Going to outside view then to VC, back to 2D panel causes no issue for me. The RED/GREEN Nav lights can be set to flash or steady.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

How do you switch them from flash to steady?

Mike G.

In the 2D cockpit, look at the light switch panel and the NAV switch can be put into flash or steady.

Nav light switch.JPG

@svpst: I found the same as you that the Pegasus panel aircraft like the FEDEX, the radio will not work. But, if you start with one of the other Aero Commanders that uses the other panel and use the radio once, then switch aircraft to the FEDEX, the radio will now work with ATC. I will look later, maybe tomorrow, about switch out that weird older radio from the panel.

Thanks! I suspected something like that. Should have looked in the documents a little more.

Mike G.

In the 2D cockpit, look at the light switch panel and the NAV switch can be put into flash or steady.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201622[/ATTACH]

@svpst: I found the same as you that the Pegasus panel aircraft like the FEDEX, the radio will not work. But, if you start with one of the other Aero Commanders that uses the other panel and use the radio once, then switch aircraft to the FEDEX, the radio will now work with ATC. I will look later, maybe tomorrow, about switch out that weird older radio from the panel.

Mmm, my switch doesn't work.

Mike G.

Zippity Do Da, you broke the code. Works like a champ once you sneak up on it Thanks a bunch.

Yeah, I still don't know why...no rhyme or reason! While playing with it this morning I discovered that if you popup the Bendix radio panel and manually tune the Comm2 to your freq. it would communicate through ATC. No autotune through the ATC window. I did manage to manually tune Comm1 in the VC and make it transmit (Pain in the Pooper). I have trashed this Aero Commander in favor of the newer version. The new one works like a champ.

I agree on the newer one. Because I found the ATC/radio thing works on and off, you have to keep reselecting aircraft. But I like the newer better anyway.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived