Missing gauges for Seminole

Archive1

I've downloaded both versions of the Piper Seminole (2008 by Cornelisson and 2017 by Zheng) In both cases several of thesame panel gauges are missing for both the Piper Seminole PA-44-180 and the N571PU. And they are rather important - altitude and airspeed for two examples. The aircraft is great, but does anyone know where the missing gauges are hiding? -=Archive1=-

Not sure where the gauges are hiding. Maybe someone with some experience with this particular model aircraft might chime in and offer some suggestions.

What you might consider is a downloading another complete panel. Simviation has a panel for FS 2004, it just might work for FSX aircraft? It would require you to temporarily move the existing panel to a temp folder and then installing the replacement panel to the aircraft to see if it will work. if it doesn't work, just delete it and then move your original back, and you will be back to where you are today. Hopefully someone will come along and be able to give you some other suggestions.

You also could try another aircraft download to see if you get one with a complete panel. You then can decide if you want to keep the new aircraft download or use just the panel on the aircraft you currently have.

Anyway, good luck. I have had a couple downloads this past couple days, no airspeed indicator or manifold pressure! Makes you wonder if these developers even check their final products.

Happy flying! - Rick

This is what I am getting for the 2017 download of the Piper Seminole.

VC

Piper Seminole VC.JPG

2D

Piper 2D.JPG

Didn't see any missing gauges. Did you add the .cab files and sound.gau from the Gauges folder to the panel folder?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archive1 - After seeing the results MrZ had, I went in and downloaded. Nice flying aircraft and all gauges are there. There are 4 gauge files which have to be moved to Gauges folder, and I believe 1 sound file to be moved to sound folder. Don't just move the Gauges and Sound folders over, need to copy and paste the individual files to their appropriate folders.

Good luck, it is a nice download. - Rick

I downloaded from the Simviation website. I chose the download that did not make a reference to

SP2. It was the top download. Don't know if that makes a difference? On mine, all is there and seems to work!

FS2004/FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole (Category: FSX > Props)

Zip file preview

5.47Mb (6979 downloads)

FS2004/FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole. New model of this twin aircraft, with custom made xml-gauges. The PH-VKA is owned by Peter Kastelein and is based at Rotterdam Airport in the Netherlands. Includes virtual cockpit. By Rien Cornelissen. 5.6MB

Posted Jun 23, 2008 14:17 by archive

FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole Package.

FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole Package.

FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole Package. (Category: FSX > Props)

Zip file preview

5.93Mb (6265 downloads)

FSX PA-44-180 Piper Seminole Package. Model of this twin aircraft in my series of Pipers, now revised for FS X-SP2. Custom made xml-gauges, LOD's, camerapositions etc. VC with semi-transparent left yoke. Doors that open. Different 2D panels for VFR and IFR, and for 16x9 and 4x3 monitors. The PH-VKA is owned by Peter Kastelein and is based at Rotterdam Airport in the Netherlands. By Rien Cornelissen. 6.1MB

Posted Jun 23, 2008 14:17 by archive

Thanks for the replies: I am an old hand at this stuff and I have downloaded all the files from both versions. And have copied all four of the gauges files into the aircraft put into the Airplanes folder of FSX.

Actually did it twice - but I'll try again. If this works, here's a picture of the panel I get:

Seminole Panel.JPG

Dunno if this actually shows a panel, but multiple gauges are missing.

Archive1

And have copied all four of the gauges files into the aircraft put into the Airplanes folder of FSX.

Does the inside of your panel folder look like this? Sorry, I don't use the "detailed" folder style.

piper panel folder.JPG

Thanks for the replies: I am an old hand at this stuff and I have downloaded all the files from both versions. And have copied all four of the gauges files into the aircraft put into the Airplanes folder of FSX.

Actually did it twice - but I'll try again. If this works, here's a picture of the panel I get:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201617[/ATTACH]

Dunno if this actually shows a panel, but multiple gauges are missing.

Archive1

Archive1 - The 4 gauge files go into the gauge folder of FSX not the aircraft. Have to move the files and not the entire gauge folder. And the 1 sound file gets moved over to the FSX sound folder, not the aircraft.

And how did you get a yoke(s) to appear. Maybe you are downloading from another site/download?

I get 4 textures and all of them show panels with no yokes (2D)? In the VC, yokes are transparent. Mine looks like MrZ's

Archive1 - The 4 gauge files go into the gauge folder of FSX not the aircraft. Have to move the files and not the entire gauge folder. And the 1 sound file gets moved over to the FSX sound folder, not the aircraft.

And how did you get a yoke(s) to appear. Maybe you are downloading from another site/download?

I get 4 textures and all of them show panels with no yokes (2D)? In the VC, yokes are transparent. Mine looks like MrZ's

Actually 2 .cab files, 1 Sound.gau and 1 .ini file and they can be put in either the Main FSX Gauge folder or into the panel folder (like I did). It seems that the left side yoke will go transparent in the VC as you move you eyepoint higher to be able to see the gauges through it.

Actually 2 .cab files, 1 Sound.gau and 1 .ini file and they can be put in either the Main FSX Gauge folder or into the panel folder (like I did). It seems that the left side yoke will go transparent in the VC as you move you eyepoint higher to be able to see the gauges through it.

Another I did to my download, the sound was very faint. I deleted their sound file which which basically an alias to the Baron. And then copied both the sound folder and the soundai folder of the Baron and pasted to the Seminole. Don't know why I have had to do that with my PC and FSX, but it works!

The developer said he only made the left yoke transparent, but both of mine are transparent? Don't really care one way or the other, I DO NOT like VC's!!!

okay, I am beginning to think Archive1 got things sorted out and is flying this nice download. Got to go, if you get a chance let me know about the "V" for screen shots. I had read that before, but my V must not like me!

Thanks - Rick

You won't see much of anything happen when pressing the V key. At the end of your flight, look in Pilot Records/photos and you will see you shots.

Nope: Problem is not solved. If you look at the attached photo of the panel I included yesterday you will see that multiple gauges are still missing.

The panel.cfg of the downloaded Seminole calls for P28A gauges:

gauge00=P28A-R!ASI_R, 335,433,77,87

gauge01=P28A-R!Attitude, 417,428,77,87

gauge02=P28A-R!Altimeter, 500,430,77,90

gauge03=P28A-R!Turn Coordinator, 336,521,77,83

gauge04=P28A-R!Oil Pressure, 324,631,32,25

etc

But the downloaded two gauges files P28A-R.CAB AND PA44.CAB do not include any PA28A gauges named as such:

Altimeter_Knob.bmp

Altimeter_Background.bmp

Altimeter_Needle_100.bmp

Attitude_Arrow_Icon.bmp

etc

While these may represent P28A-R bmps, they are not labelled as such and the panel.cfg cannot find the P28A files it is looking for.

So I'm still left with holes in the panel.

Archive1

OK, I have 2 screenshots. One is with the 2 .cab files NOT installed and one with them installed.

NOT installed (2D cockpit. the VC would show the same missing panel gauges)

No .cab file installed.JPG

.CAB files installed

.cab files installed.JPG

The 2 .cab files can be in either your panel folder or in the Main Gauges folder. The Sound gauge and Sound.ini, the same. They are used for switch click sounds.

What level of FSX are you running...FSX with no SP1 or SP2....FSX with both SPs.....FSX with Accel.....or FSX-SE?

dsd_xml_sound3.gau

does not work in fsx.

as a replacement you can get

dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau

from Doug Dawson's website.

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

Add that to your panel folder

In your panel.cfg file, change

dsd_xml_sound3.gau

to

dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau

(Make a backup of the panel.cfg file first.

Use Notepad to edit file panel.cfg.

Use 'find' to find them. dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau may be in the file more then once.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You won't see much of anything happen when pressing the V key. At the end of your flight, look in Pilot Records/photos and you will see you shots.

Mr Z - When Archive1 gets his download working and if you decide to keep what you have downloaded, last night I found the nav lights not working, I fixed those, installed those just adjacent to the wingtip strobes, let me know and I will give you the cfg settings I used. Could not find a light on the tail section? This has been troublesome for archive1, but it's turned out to be a very nice freeware download for me!

Rick

Rick

Mr Z - When Archive1 gets his download working and if you decide to keep what you have downloaded, last night I found the nav lights not working, I fixed those, installed those just adjacent to the wingtip strobes, let me know and I will give you the cfg settings I used. Could not find a light on the tail section? This has been troublesome for archive1, but it's turned out to be a very nice freeware download for me!

Rick

Rick

Thanks, but not a keeper for me. Just trying to help the OP.

Archived