Default A321 Aircraft Texture Issue

Rusty Gunz

This one is driving me crazy!

I wanted to install some default A321 repaints. The repaints are not the issue, however. The problem is with the original default A321 textures. I've not flown the plane much, so never noticed this before.

When I select one of the default A321 variations, it becomes the "flavor of the day". No matter which variation I choose after making my first selection, the aircraft textures will not change! I.E. If I select World Travel, it shows up just fine. But if I choose Orbit, it still looks like World Travel (as do "white" and Pacifica). I have to quit and restart FSX to get a different variation (which then becomes the new "flavor of the day").

I have restored the entire A321 folder from a backup made a couple of years ago and the same thing still happens.

Hey, I want to fly a KLM A321 (not the generic white version) and I want to be able to change my mind in mid-air if desired.

What am I doing wrong and/or how can I correct it?

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Here was I described on another FS site:

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Very strange, all the appropriate "N" registrations are still there, you can still transmit/receive ATC transmissions, and all the 737-800 aircraft have gone "White!" I thought I got them back, checked all my

default 747 aircraft, all intact, and when I move my cursor over to the first 737 aircraft, I had my liveries back! That was short lived as once I left the flight and came back to FSX, all the 737's have gone white again?

Any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Thanks - Rick

Rick G

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:26 pm

I think I got it. I thought about it for a little bit and asked myself, why don't you chose another FSX default aircraft, in a colored livery and a different aircraft from the 737. I chose the 747 with the Boeing blue livery, selected it to be my FSX default, and now when I go back into FSX and I pull up my 737 aircraft, I have my liveries back! I may run it this way for awhile and then try to go back to a 737 default, but not WHITE this time!

Thanks guys, I learned something today! Hopefully, someone else might stumble onto this problem it will help them also!

Happy flying! - Rick

In the short of it, I had originally chosen my white 737 as my most used "go to aircraft" and in doing so, it eventually turned all my other liveries white. So, what I did was chose a 747 in the Boeing blue livery as my default, and in doing so, my entire list of 737 aircraft came back with their respective livery colors.

Well, it has resolved itself - at least for now. I left FSX "running" in the background, while I checked other sites/forums/etc. for suggestions to my dilemma. When I returned, the World Travel textures were being displayed on the aircraft! I then very quickly installed 4 additional textures that I wanted to use, modified the aircraft.cfg file, returned to FSX and loaded the newly added KLM textures. Wonder of wonders, I got KLM! So I flew for awhile, saved my flight in mid-air and quit FSX. It's after 11PM here and I'm going to bed. I'll test more tomorrow and report back.

I had started the session loading a default white A321. Then I selected World Travel - nope, still white. Tried Orbit - nope, still white. Went back to World Travel - nope, same old white. Went skywalking (as I described above) for 30 minutes and - SHAZAM! - World Travel textures being displayed when I returned to FSX.

In answer to you, Downwind, each time I restarted FSX and chose a default A321 (regardless of the airline) that's the one that "stuck". No matter what airline I chose after that first one, the only thing I ever saw was the first airline's textures.

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Okay, my situation was I had selected the white 737 as my default aircraft. At one point, all my 737 aircraft were white! I had lost all the colored liveries for the 737 fleet. I was able to fix it, by selecting another model, a 747 with Boeing blue livery as my default, and then all my colored liveries for my 737 fleet came back!

Your situation, you are seeing the same colored livery on each A321 you go to. Totally different than what I had!

Sounds like you may have it fixed. You'll see tomorrow if it's still cooperating!

- Rick

10:15am the next day: Everything working correctly still. Loaded the saved flight and my KLM colors were still there. Changed to Lufthansa - no problem. Changed to A340 Air France - no problem. Reverted to A321 KLM - no problem. Common theme here is "no problem". I guess FSX had too much wine last night (I know I did).

So now I'm learning to fly the A321. It's an interesting experience - a different type of flying than the Boeings, but not an unpleasant one (at least so far) in spite of some of the posts I've seen. I suspect that some of those flying the A321 (and not being happy with it) did not understand the "fly by wire" concept and how to adjust their flying to it.

Oh well, onward and upwards (at least until landing)!

Thx for all the responses.

Rusty - Glad all is okay now. You might know, on the default A321's, go into the light section, you will see a section on the left, FLT CTL (3 buttons), click on each one of those for the OFF to light up. This aircraft fought me for the longest time and then someone came along a gave us all the above hint. The newer 321's already come with those button set to off. It will definitely "Tame the Beast!"

Enjoy- Rick

turning those three buttons of switches off everything that makes the a321 differetn from the boeing. Instead of switching it off you should try to learn about what makes the airbus different. It's worth it.

(Applies to any airbus really.)

It does fly with them on. If not for you, then you are doing it wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

turning those three buttons of switches off everything that makes the a321 differetn from the boeing. Instead of switching it off you should try to learn about what makes the airbus different. It's worth it.

(Applies to any airbus really.)

It does fly with them on. If not for you, then you are doing it wrong.

il - You know what, when I started flying the FSX Boeing and Airbus aircraft the program offered, it was a challenge. The only thing I had "at hand" for either line was a checklist. I had to take the knowledge I had of smaller prop driven airplanes (both in real life and simming) and try to apply it to these larger bad boys! Did I get them up and down according to procedures and protocol, probably not, but I did get them up and down in one piece! I must admit, the Airbus was a challenge, and yes I do know the Airbus will fly with the switches on, I had them on until someone, either on this site or the flyaway site, posted a thread that "you can tame the beast" just by turning these 3 switches off. In that I didn't know what these switches were for, and honestly I did not much care, but let me give it a whirl! Guess what, the Airbus was actually a pleasure to fly! I know if you really did this for a living or want to fly these aircraft as if you were doing it for a living, you would not want to be turning these switches off! Hell, now the newer Airbus freeware aircraft comes with these switches OFF, so if you want to fly like an airline pilot, you'd play hell getting these switches on!

I am retired now, I do this for the fun of it and I doubt very seriously that Rusty (OP of this thread) or myself will be taking any airline positions away from those who have them! Happy flying the way you chose to do it! - Rick

I just meant that switching those off fro the start is not great advice. Newcomers may find the Airbus difficult.

But reading a bit about the real Airbus will clear that up quickly. If you just turn the switches off, you are not triggered to learn about the Airbus, and it's peculiarities.

Almost everything that sets the airbus apart from the Boeing is in that system.

And I agree, in some situations you may actually need to switch one or more off. Just not by default.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived