Possible to SOUP UP a ReailAir Lancair Legacy V1?

dogdish

I missed out on the Legacy V2 but found a sealed box V1 on eBay.

It's FAST... but want it FASTER!

I understand the V2 had a Turbocharged mode. Is it possible to edit the .air and/or aircraft.cfg of the V1 to increase the performance?

Or is it hard-wired into the model?

THANKS

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Wow! You say you want it faster? I tried one of the freeware downloads and it is a handful, V1. I really like the way it flew. Tried about 4 different freeware downloads, they all had serious issues with them. I deleted all of them and will wait until something better comes along. Seems like the developers throw these downloads out there, can't be trying them for themselves otherwise they wouldn't have the issues I saw!

Anyway, good luck with your search. If I see something in my search, I will surely pass it along to you!

Rick

I tried one of the freeware downloads and it is a handful, V1. I really like the way it flew. Tried about 4 different freeware downloads

Rick

Care to list any of these "freeware sites" that have this payware aircraft?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Z, want the ones I had issues with?

Two were on this site, both by RSDG Mark Rooks:

fsxlancair.zip Lancair Legacy Sunshine. I was getting ready to take off when I realized there was no airspeed indicator or Manifold pressure.

rsdgcl.zip Lancair Silver Mist. I was flying a short trip from Charleston, SC to Columbia, SC. when disengaging the auto pilot, I selected HDG, changed GPS to NAV, aircraft wanted to zig zag and continued to do so on turn to final and on into the ILS approach. Sound also has a clicking noise in the background.

This morning I found a freeware download on fs-freeware.net. The developer was the NOR.CAL Prop Club. Download was called the Lancair Legacy 2000 Package SP2. This download turned out to be a keeper. Very nice stable flight. Everything works so far!

Mr Z - These were not V2 downloads, these were the older Legacy dating back to 2000-2003 era.

From what I have read, you will have a hard time putting your hands on a V2 Turbo. Maybe payware, but not freeware!

Rick

I missed out on the Legacy V2 but found a sealed box V1 on eBay.

It's FAST... but want it FASTER!

I understand the V2 had a Turbocharged mode. Is it possible to edit the .air and/or aircraft.cfg of the V1 to increase the performance?

Or is it hard-wired into the model?

THANKS

Legacy V2 is available

http://realairsimulations.net/

No, you cannot easily soup up the V1

Sorry, didn't realize those were on this site offered as free! Will take a look at the ones in the File Library. Looking at your post #2, I misinterpreted your statement and thought you were saying you found RealAir Lancair Legacy V1 being offered as free downloads meaning from "questionable" sites.

Had my head spinning for a few moments. I'm not really looking for any payware aircraft since they would bring my computer to a dead standstill.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Had my head spinning for a few moments. I'm not really looking for any payware aircraft since they would bring my computer to a dead standstill.

Mr Z - Your keep downplaying your computer's capability? You must be giving that computer vitamins or some kind of supplements. I hear you tell members about what you have downloaded to verify some of their problems, and I can't help thinking about you feeding that something to keep it well!

Keep "patting" that machine at the end of the day. it continues to serve you well!

Rick

Legacy V2 is available

http://realairsimulations.net/

No, you cannot easily soup up the V1

THANKS for the heads up on the new installers. I'm assuming these are the ones that don't need to verify on-line. I've got the Turbine Duke V2 so that's great. Don't think the Legacy V2 would be of help because I only have a licensed V1.

Wish they would allow free upgrade. The V1 has a 310HP engine and the V2 has a switchable 400+ HP motor. DROOL!!!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

OMG OMG OMG...

I tried installing the V2 with the above installer from RealAir expecting it to refuse without a V2 key and this is what I got...

RealAir Legacy V2 Install Attempt.jpg

But it completely installed (must have seen my V1 in the registry)!!! So if you have a V1 it DOES UPGRADE FOR FREE!!!

THANKS AGAIN MALCOTT!!!

HELP!!! TOO MUCH POWER.jpg

I'm having a blast!

I like Lancair's, but if you think that the Legacy is a rocket ship then you should take a look at the performance figures for the Lancair Propjet, it's climb rate is up to 7000ft/min (low fuel & payload) & 4000ft/min at gross weight, it can out climb the Pilatus PC-21 & Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, it also has a cruise speed of 325 knots.

As far as I know it has not been modelled for FSX but I may consider modelling one as freeware once I have finished my freeware Learjet 35A.

D-CFCF.jpg

Better yet, make a mod to stuff it's engine into the little old two seater Legacy :pilot:

Propjet Powerplant: 1 × Walter M601E-11 turbine, 750 hp at sea level (559 kW)

About the same hp rating the "Reno Racer" aircraft use...

http://www.heavy-fuel-engines.com/tag/lancair-legacy-reno-racer/

Archived