It's a Workhorse!!

Rupert

Yes I know this is a sim site. But look at this RW possible replacement for a chopper!! No it's not a drone it's a people carrying "Workhorse." (Workhorse is the name of a company that already makes electric trucks. This is their first serious attempt at an aircraft.) And yes, it really does fly with a pilot and passenger inside, using battery power battery power while controlled by a "joystick."

Some say this is the future of personal travel by chopper!!

Michael

Workhorse.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Wonder how far it can fly on a charge? :)

As of now the prototype can carry a net weight of around 700 pounds at 70knts for about a hour. So that'd be plenty for most people's commute!

And G'erard, there's enough weight capability to carry two people and that case of the Marquax you still owe me!!;)

Michael

I really didn't speak about Bordeaux wine! I thought of some box filled with good Old Tom dark ales. That's the one I made a diet with recently :):):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

That's a good update thanks! I see this article said a lifting capacity of 400 pounds. The one I read said approximately 700 pounds.

Either way, compared to the maintenance costs of an average Robinson or Eurocopter, this plane would certainly be a steal even if sold at their price!! Plus with the Tesla charging stations showing up everywhere you look, "refueling" shouldn't be too big of an issue either. ;)

Sadly at my age, I'm lucky they let me keep my automobile driving license. So maybe I'll get a chance to see one some time. I could never fly it! :o:o

Michael

No charge. Cash only! ;) -- Bob

Hey Bob, Good to see you're back in the pun game!!

NMLW,

The articles say it will fly about one hour on a full BATTERY CHARGE and will cruise at 70knts. So I'd say about 70 miles would be a good estimate. Though I'm sure that's probably already improved by now.

Michael

Archived