%^&$#@! Hand offs!

CRJ_simpilot

I'm sick and tired of being handed off withen a minute of each other. Sometimes it's withen a second after I just contacted center. Is there any way or hack where I can reduce the number of hand offs besides not flying IFR? I don't even think in real life it's this bad.

I'm sick and tired of being handed off withen a minute of each other. Sometimes it's withen a second after I just contacted center. Is there any way or hack where I can reduce the number of hand offs besides not flying IFR? I don't even think in real life it's this bad.

1: Approach through a recognised flight corridor

2: Reduce the number of different ATC zones you fly through

3: Don't fly direct to the airport. Fly to a point on the extended centreline of the likely runway in use and make only one turn to join that extended centreline

4: Reduce the number of AI

No, it's not that bad in real life. FSX ATC is not very smart, and it is told to hand you off when you go from one sector to another. The problem is that when you are near the edge of one or more sectors, you occasionally will move very quickly from one sector to another and back, thus triggering

these back-to-back hand-offs.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

When ATC hands you off to another sector, accept the hand off and do not contact the next controller. ATC will leave you alone and you can reconnect with them later, at your convenience.

Also note that there are horizontal sector dividers as well as the vertical ones. If you are flying at an altitude that separates two sectors you can very easily move from one to another. Even a change in Barometric pressure can throw you into another sector, causing a hand off. Sometimes a climb or descent will stop the continuous hand offs.

For a couple reasons, and this is one, when flying IFR I typically fly 100 feet above my assigned altitude.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

When ATC hands you off to another sector, accept the hand off and do not contact the next controller. ATC will leave you alone and you can reconnect with them later, at your convenience.

I'll have to try that.

Since I'm in a F-22 moving at 1500 MPH ground speed the hand offs are even worse.

Get above 60,000 feet and you'll be outside Class A airspace and can ignore ATC.

When I'm on a long distance route and fly to FL650 I still have to contact ATC. FSX is simply not not the real world.

This works. Tip for anyone using this method. Climb to your final height you picked in the flight plan. Once there you can then accept the hand off and not contact. Every once in a while you will see that you can tune the new frequency. Just don't make contact. Once you are about 180 miles from your airport, contact ATC so you get your vectors.

Yes,

As usual Mr Bean has it in a nutshell! I've done exactly as he recommended for years.

Yes, FSX ATC is pretty basic but it can be used without too many issues. I'm happy with doing that and not installing yet another ad-don to slow the processor down!;)

I have noticed that often the people who complain the most about frame speed, etc. have the most ad-dons. Which is why I tend to pick and choose which processes matter the most to me. :cool:

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes,

As usual Mr Bean has it in a nutshell! I've done exactly as he recommended for years.

Yes, FSX ATC is pretty basic but it can be used without too many issues. I'm happy with doing that and not installing yet another ad-don to slow the processor down!;)

I have noticed that often the people who complain the most about frame speed, etc. have the most ad-dons. Which is why I tend to pick and choose which processes matter the most to me. :cool:

Rupert

Same here. I try not to add too much crap to my Sim.

Archived