Virtavia MV-22 Osprey - Engine start issue

dogdish

Have this installed with the hover gauge and went to fly it again. It worked before.

Damn thing won't start. Can hear the starters repeatedly turning over, but acts like it's not getting fuel (Tank is full). I tried assigning a command for fuel cutoff valves thinking they were closed, but didn't work.

All the readme says is you only need to do a Ctrl + E, but not working.

Any ideas?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Is the APU on?

Are the nacelles up to 60° minimum?

Did you try reloading it?

Are you using it as your default plane? If so, make your default the default flight/plane that came with the sim. The trike over Friday harbour. You can change to the Osprey in the FreeFlight menu after the sim loads.

Did you try hitting CTRL+SHFT+F4?

Did you move the Fuel Control levers fully to Flight?

Are the blades folded?

Are you using the correct panel for your sim? The 64 bit panel is for P3Dv4 ONLY. Any other sim, use the 32 bit panel.

All these can prevent a start.

Are you using Maryadi's latest version? The Rel.2?

Did you install the newest VTOL/Sling Ops gauge from Rob?

Do you have an older version of Rob's VTOL gauge in your sim's GAUGES folder? If so, delete it.

Hope something in all this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

THANKS Pat,

I got it started by (cheating) loading the default FSX Cessna 172, hitting CTRL+E. Then re-loading the Osprey.

Just wish I knew why it won't directly Autostart. Have the RCBvca40.zip VTOL installed also.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I think as Pat was trying to indicate, you may want to give this MV-22B a try. It's over at SOH in the Warbird's Library. Even on my Mickey Mouse system it flies like a dream!

MV-22B Osprey Release 2.0.zip http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/ldm-silk-icons/download.png [TABLE=class: ldm_table_fullwidth] [TR] [TD=width: 250] http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/thumbs/1/5/4/3/42141515832577.jpg

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/ldm-silk-icons/magnify.png

[/TD] [TD=class: ldm_description ldm_spacer] MV-22B Osprey Release 2.0

Always read the flight manual first.

general update:

- work in FSXA, FSX-SE, P3D v1, v2, v3 and P3D v4

- change VC model.

- massive re-code as compensation of VC change.

- update FDE and VTOL (overall behavior still similar)

- new lighting (system and render)

- minor change on external model, Rel 1.0 livery still work (there slightly different on nacelles/engine)

- add compatibility to use in hoist/sling load

Important note:

1. This package are pre-configure for P3D v4, read Chapter 1 on Flight manual for usage in FSX.

2. Release 1.0 saved file aren't compatible with Release 2.0. if you have installed Osprey for Release 1.0 and ever saved it, then you need to delete all file with extension *.mv22

3. Use this thread or in SOH for question, issue and problem rise while using this package.

4. feel free use your screenshot / video to any website.

5. it may NOT be sold, modified, re-distributed and/or uploaded to other website in any shape or form.

6. Same as Release 1.0, it freeware / Donation-ware.

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

LOL,

Was wondering why some of his advice was a bit puzzling. (blades folded? Did not know they folded! correct panel for your sim? HUH? Only has one panel! Maryadi's latest version? This is a Virtavia!

Well he did get me started :)

Can you post a picture of the FSX VC? The Virtavia is so-so. Folding blades is intriguing, since mine won't do that.

LOL,

Was wondering why some of his advice was a bit puzzling. (blades folded? Did not know they folded! correct panel for your sim? HUH? Only has one panel! Maryadi's latest version? This is a Virtavia!

Well he did get me started :)

Can you post a picture of the FSX VC? The Virtavia is so-so. Folding blades is intriguing, since mine won't do that.

Yep, I could do that! it'll take a few minutes to wind my computer up and lite the fuse!;)

Really nice 3D switched VC, makes the Virtavia's look like freeware. Installed the Maryadi v2 Osprey and using the 32bit panel.cfg

Now just need to learn all over how to start it :o

1. Turn the Battery ON

2. Start the APU

3. Unfold the blades using the menu provided on the MFD

4. Set the Nacelles between 60° and 95°

5. Move the Fuel Control Levers to Flight.

6. Watch the engine instrument display, and once it shows them up to speed,

7. Fly away, free as a hummingbird :D

Make sure you read over the Manual thoroghly.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

1. Turn the Battery ON

2. Start the APU

3. Unfold the blades using the menu provided on the MFD

4. Set the Nacelles between 60° and 95°

5. Move the Fuel Control Levers to Flight.

6. Watch the engine instrument display, and once it shows them up to speed,

7. Fly away, free as a hummingbird :D

Make sure you read over the Manual thoroghly.

Pat☺

Thanks again Pat,

When I first loaded it, I heard the engines running and noticed the blades on the horizontally positioned nacelles had a slight blur to them and thought had some install issues. Even was able to crank up the engines and take off STOL style with the blades NOT TURNING

So started reading the manual and picked up a few bits when I looked at the END of it.

Was able to rotate the nacelles with 'CTRL+ 4 or 6'. The battery was already on and started playing with the APU and got a green light. Then moved the fuel levers to Start and nothing happened until I moved them all the way forward and saw the blades starting to turn!

Was able to VTOL away! Flying along and don't know what I did but it rolled over and started tumbling! WEIRD!

I've seen the avionics come on somehow, but still looking for the switch for them.

Have not folded it up like a Swiss Army Knife yet, but will get there.

I've seen the avionics come on somehow, but still looking for the switch for them.

There are 3 square button /indicators just above the engine start levers. They all need to be on just after engine start. The middle one is the Avionics switch.

Thanks again Pat,

When I first loaded it, I heard the engines running and noticed the blades on the horizontally positioned nacelles had a slight blur to them and thought had some install issues. Even was able to crank up the engines and take off STOL style with the blades NOT TURNING

So started reading the manual and picked up a few bits when I looked at the END of it.

Was able to rotate the nacelles with 'CTRL+ 4 or 6'. The battery was already on and started playing with the APU and got a green light. Then moved the fuel levers to Start and nothing happened until I moved them all the way forward and saw the blades starting to turn!

Was able to VTOL away! Flying along and don't know what I did but it rolled over and started tumbling! WEIRD!

Have not folded it up like a Swiss Army Knife yet, but will get there.

Read, and I stress, read the FlightManual properly. Will save you a lot of frustration .....LoL

And as to tumbling over when flying...

Two things may cause that ...

1. Overstressing the engines too long, which will crash the engines.

2. When you descend too fast in VTOL config, which will induce the socalled VortexRingState.

Both realisme effects can be turned of by clicking the SpecialFeatures button Off (located near the backup Alt. meter).

Rob.

Ps and as to your original question on starting the Virtavia V22: sorry, can't help.

From what I can remember, I never had this problem.

But since this new V22 is availble, I dont have it installed anymore.

Not critisizing the Alphasim/Virtavia V22; in its time (its 10 years old !) it was a nice addon, but now outclassed in every aspect by Maryadi's MV22b ...

I'm sure you'll agree once you master all the ins and outs ....

Then moved the fuel levers to Start and nothing happened until I moved them all the way forward and saw the blades starting to turn!

That's why I specified to move them to Flight, IE: All the way forward, instead of Start when I made the quick start up list.

Read, and I stress, read the FlightManual properly. Will save you a lot of frustration .....LoL

A big +1 on THAT little tidbit! :D

1. Overstressing the engines too long, which will crash the engines.

Watch the engine instrument display, and keep everything, especially N2, down out of the red. lower the throttle. Not the Fuel Control levers, the thingy you use to increase/decrease the power for flying. F1 thru F4 buttons, or whatever you have assigned.

A little side note on that: If you use the Autopilot to maintain a set speed, it can run the engines up into the red and hold them there, accelerating and climbing, or either one alone, if you're not careful. You can keep it from doing that with a small tweak to the [Autopilot] Section of the Aircraft.cfg file. Change the line autothrottle_max_rpm =120 to a somewhat lower number. 98, 99, something like that. I haven't zeroed in the maximum value that will keep the engines out of the red yet give the maximum engine power possible without red-lining, but I will as soon as I can.

Practicing for the RTWR taking up all my time, lately. But I'll get it figgered out eventually...

Also, just wait till you start picking up and setting down Hoist loads. Like onto a moving ship, for example. That adds a HUGE amount of fun to an amazingly enjoyable plane. Get good at hovering, and flying with very slow, cautious control movements before you do that, though. Otherwise you'll be breaking cables left and right. Annoys the HECK outta the ground crews :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ps and as to your original question on starting the Virtavia V22: sorry, can't help.

From what I can remember, I never had this problem.

But since this new V22 is availble, I dont have it installed anymore.

Not critisizing the Alphasim/Virtavia V22; in its time (its 10 years old !) it was a nice addon, but now outclassed in every aspect by Maryadi's MV22b ...

I'm sure you'll agree once you master all the ins and outs ....

Hi Rob,

Since I got the education now with the Maryadi (THANK YOU ALL), it was the overhead engine controls in the wrong position even with 'CTRL + E' preventing starting on the Virtavia. I will still keep both V22's installed because I like some of the liveries available for the Virtavia. Might even try merging the Maryadi's VC to the Virtavia if that's possible

BTW, I also have the Wilco Tiltrotor (v1.4) and noticed you also have a VTOL gauge for it also. Unlike the AlphaSim/Virtavia, it will take off VTOL as is. Is your gauge still valid for the v1.4 version?

THANKS, Jack

Hi Rob,

Since I got the education now with the Maryadi (THANK YOU ALL), it was the overhead engine controls in the wrong position even with 'CTRL + E' preventing starting on the Virtavia. I will still keep both V22's installed because I like some of the liveries available for the Virtavia. Might even try merging the Maryadi's VC to the Virtavia if that's possible

BTW, I also have the Wilco Tiltrotor (v1.4) and noticed you also have a VTOL gauge for it also. Unlike the AlphaSim/Virtavia, it will take off VTOL as is. Is your gauge still valid for the v1.4 version?

THANKS, Jack

Trying to use the VC of Maryadi's MV22B in the Virtavia V22: don't .....

Cause the VC, all gauges and visual model are highly integrated

As to the Wilco Tiltrotor:

If you are referring to my addon rcbvcb40.zip: probably works for V1.4, but not sure.

I never had this V1.4, just the Original release.

The reason the Wilco Tiltrotor allready VTOL's without an addon, is because the first VTOL gauge was already included in the base package; my addon package just improves it.

Archived