Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia MV-22 Osprey - Engine start issue

1. Question Virtavia MV-22 Osprey - Engine start issue

Have this installed with the hover gauge and went to fly it again. It worked before.

Damn thing won't start. Can hear the starters repeatedly turning over, but acts like it's not getting fuel (Tank is full). I tried assigning a command for fuel cutoff valves thinking they were closed, but didn't work.

All the readme says is you only need to do a Ctrl + E, but not working.

Any ideas?
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Is the APU on?
    Are the nacelles up to 60° minimum?
    Did you try reloading it?
    Are you using it as your default plane? If so, make your default the default flight/plane that came with the sim. The trike over Friday harbour. You can change to the Osprey in the FreeFlight menu after the sim loads.
    Did you try hitting CTRL+SHFT+F4?
    Did you move the Fuel Control levers fully to Flight?
    Are the blades folded?
    Are you using the correct panel for your sim? The 64 bit panel is for P3Dv4 ONLY. Any other sim, use the 32 bit panel.
    All these can prevent a start.
    Are you using Maryadi's latest version? The Rel.2?
    Did you install the newest VTOL/Sling Ops gauge from Rob?
    Do you have an older version of Rob's VTOL gauge in your sim's GAUGES folder? If so, delete it.

Hope something in all this helps a little...
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

3. Default

THANKS Pat,

I got it started by (cheating) loading the default FSX Cessna 172, hitting CTRL+E. Then re-loading the Osprey.

Just wish I knew why it won't directly Autostart. Have the RCBvca40.zip VTOL installed also.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I think as Pat was trying to indicate, you may want to give this MV-22B a try. It's over at SOH in the Warbird's Library. Even on my Mickey Mouse system it flies like a dream!

MV-22B Osprey Release 2.0.zip

MV-22B Osprey Release 2.0

Always read the flight manual first.

general update:
    - work in FSXA, FSX-SE, P3D v1, v2, v3 and P3D v4
    - change VC model.
    - massive re-code as compensation of VC change.
    - update FDE and VTOL (overall behavior still similar)
    - new lighting (system and render)
    - minor change on external model, Rel 1.0 livery still work (there slightly different on nacelles/engine)
    - add compatibility to use in hoist/sling load

Important note:
    1. This package are pre-configure for P3D v4, read Chapter 1 on Flight manual for usage in FSX.
    2. Release 1.0 saved file aren't compatible with Release 2.0. if you have installed Osprey for Release 1.0 and ever saved it, then you need to delete all file with extension *.mv22
    3. Use this thread or in SOH for question, issue and problem rise while using this package.
    4. feel free use your screenshot / video to any website.
    5. it may NOT be sold, modified, re-distributed and/or uploaded to other website in any shape or form.
    6. Same as Release 1.0, it freeware / Donation-ware.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

5. Default

LOL,

Was wondering why some of his advice was a bit puzzling. (blades folded? Did not know they folded! correct panel for your sim? HUH? Only has one panel! Maryadi's latest version? This is a Virtavia!

Well he did get me started

Can you post a picture of the FSX VC? The Virtavia is so-so. Folding blades is intriguing, since mine won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    LOL,

Was wondering why some of his advice was a bit puzzling. (blades folded? Did not know they folded! correct panel for your sim? HUH? Only has one panel! Maryadi's latest version? This is a Virtavia!

Well he did get me started

Can you post a picture of the FSX VC? The Virtavia is so-so. Folding blades is intriguing, since mine won't do that.
    Yep, I could do that! it'll take a few minutes to wind my computer up and lite the fuse!

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

This is the first time I played with blade fold and stow!

Outside view
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV-22B outside view.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	412.8 KB 
ID:	201460

Left cockpit view

Name:	Left cockpit view.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	201461

Blade fold

Name:	Blade fold.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	416.8 KB 
ID:	201462

Blades folded and stowed

Name:	Blade fold and stow.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	406.7 KB 
ID:	201463

Right seat view after blade fold and stow

Name:	Right seat view of fold and stow.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	354.5 KB 
ID:	201464

8. Default

Really nice 3D switched VC, makes the Virtavia's look like freeware. Installed the Maryadi v2 Osprey and using the 32bit panel.cfg

Now just need to learn all over how to start it

1. Turn the Battery ON
    2. Start the APU
    3. Unfold the blades using the menu provided on the MFD
    4. Set the Nacelles between 60° and 95°
    5. Move the Fuel Control Levers to Flight.
    6. Watch the engine instrument display, and once it shows them up to speed,
    7. Fly away, free as a hummingbird

Make sure you read over the Manual thoroghly.
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    1. Turn the Battery ON
    2. Start the APU
    3. Unfold the blades using the menu provided on the MFD
    4. Set the Nacelles between 60° and 95°
    5. Move the Fuel Control Levers to Flight.
    6. Watch the engine instrument display, and once it shows them up to speed,
    7. Fly away, free as a hummingbird

Make sure you read over the Manual thoroghly.
    Pat☺
    Thanks again Pat,

When I first loaded it, I heard the engines running and noticed the blades on the horizontally positioned nacelles had a slight blur to them and thought had some install issues. Even was able to crank up the engines and take off STOL style with the blades NOT TURNING

So started reading the manual and picked up a few bits when I looked at the END of it.

Was able to rotate the nacelles with 'CTRL+ 4 or 6'. The battery was already on and started playing with the APU and got a green light. Then moved the fuel levers to Start and nothing happened until I moved them all the way forward and saw the blades starting to turn!

Was able to VTOL away! Flying along and don't know what I did but it rolled over and started tumbling! WEIRD!

I've seen the avionics come on somehow, but still looking for the switch for them.

Have not folded it up like a Swiss Army Knife yet, but will get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast