P3D Version 4.2 is now released

vgbaron

Check the LM website for download info and details.

New helicopters, AI and many bug fixes Experimental voice control, etc.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I would suggest installing Client first, to check for compatibility with existing addons.

New Helos and AI come from Content

Scenery is relatively unimportant in this update

Prepar3D Scenery

Fixes and Improvements

Fixed large trench running through Syria

Fixed coastline dips in Guam

Fixed runway Z-order issues at KNRB

I have P3Dv4.1 - so what I have to do, as I understand it, is to update first the client, and then content and scenery, right?

Thanks -

Jorgen

You only HAVE to install the client - you CAN install content and scenery if you feel the changes are worth it.

IAC, you MUST uninstall the old module (Client,Content or Scenery) prior to installation of the update.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I have P3Dv4.1 - so what I have to do, as I understand it, is to update first the client, and then content and scenery, right?

Thanks -

Jorgen

Full details are to be found on the LM site - uninstall the 4.1 Client, update with the new Client, delete temporary folders and prepar3d .cfg

You may need to deregister and re-register the license but that can be a bit variable.

Finally, you might want to wait a week while the early adopters test what works and what doesn't - there appears to be a problem with FSUIPC 5.123c and Pete Dowson is on holiday until the 20th, PMDG are reporting issues without a default aircraft being loaded first.

PTA has been advanced to v2.61 for 4.2, ORBX has an update via FTX Central, but haven't seen anything from REX yet, while AS have a beta test on their website.

It's all a bit up in the air at the moment.

Orbx scenery is no issue now. Just run the FTX Central program and it will reorder things.

When uninstalling the client you have the option to deactivate your install - if you do, you will have to reregister with your license key. If you don't, you just install and go. Choice is yours, no down side to not deactivating.

Vic

P3D Rig

Archived