ILS position in stock airports

giorda35

Please, excuse my poor English.

During my flights sometime I found some ILS in stock airports in wrong position.

It is a simple matter to correct them if it is only a question of heading, because in ADE it is possible to correct the heading.

The airports I made with SBuilder and ADE all have ILS in the correct heading and position, so I think there is an exact relationship. between the runway coordinates, as introducted by ADE, and the ILS coordinates. The heading between the runway and the ILS is of course the same.

So my question is: it is possible to know the relationship to put in ADE between the ILS coordinates and the runway coordinates? By the knowledge of this is possible, by means of ADE, to correct all the ILS.

Many thanks of yours answers

giorda35

The ils heading is not "of course always the same as the rw heading.". There are many airports where the ils is several degrees off. This keeps approaching aircraft clear of obstructions. Clear of cities (noise), high buildings, the parallel rw, mountains, etc.

The ils is there so you can easily and safely descend to a low altitude. There you switch the autopilot off and land manually.

A few examples: lowi rw 24, Nice france rw 4, cyvr rw 8r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived