Need help installing FSX on Windows 10 comp ?????

gusto

Peeps I need your help to finish my RTW trip https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?245896-RTW-36-Attu-to-Unalaska

Have been trying to install my version of FSX "deluxe edition" on to my Windows 10 laptop. Install starts off fine. Get the screen that shows the folder to install to, then it starts installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable ?? then this ERROR MESSAGE

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.42", processorArchitecture="x86"

I have tried installing to the root c: directory still no success. I have also tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) version with no success error 1603 ??

The current installed Microsoft Visual C++ on my comp is Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 VERSION 14.0.24215

Thanks, hopefully I can get back up and running and finish the trip

This might help, I found it on Microsoft windows forum.

"The Error code 1935 when installing a software on Windows 10 occurs when the Windows file system transaction log is corrupted upon installation. To resolve your concern, you need to clear the log by following the steps below:

Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard.

Select Command Prompt (Admin).

Type the following command: fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

C:\ is the drive where Windows 10 is installed. If it is installed on a different drive, kindly change it to the appropriate drive letter.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect."

Hi,

Although the error 1603 message can mean several things the main reason is due to permissions and this often happens if you use the Run command when downloading as opposed to saving the file first.

Try running the 2005 install pack using admin rights - if you ran the installer direct from the download window you will need to re-download the package and save it to a temp location. Once saved simply right click on the file and select Run As Administrator.

WRT to the current version - C++ packages are standalone so the 2015 versions does not contain any files from the 2005 version. You can have multiple versions of C++ and each individual program that you have installed will use the appropriate version..

Other essential files that you may want to consider downloading and installing (based on the fact you have a Win 10 OS) are .NET (at least the 4.0 or better still the 4.5 version used by FSX) and the Direct X Redist package (by default Win 10, unless its installed as an update over a previous OS, only comes with DX 10, 11 and/or 12 depending on build state) - the version of DX9 (required by FSX) included on the FSX disc is woefully out of date and has some incompatible Win 10 files. Instal them as per C++ 2005.

Regards

Brian

I have disabled a couple of services.msc that may be interfering with the install ? "windows modules installer" and "windows update". I have been trying to install by putting in FSX disk 1, then find setup.exe and then right click "run as admin". Weird thing is if I try to install the C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) version that I downloaded from MS site I still get error and no bueno with the install

Hi,

Although the error 1603 message can mean several things the main reason is due to permissions and this often happens if you use the Run command when downloading as opposed to saving the file first.

Try running the 2005 install pack using admin rights - if you ran the installer direct from the download window you will need to re-download the package and save it to a temp location. Once saved simply right click on the file and select Run As Administrator.

WRT to the current version - C++ packages are standalone so the 2015 versions does not contain any files from the 2005 version. You can have multiple versions of C++ and each individual program that you have installed will use the appropriate version..

Other essential files that you may want to consider downloading and installing (based on the fact you have a Win 10 OS) are .NET (at least the 4.0 or better still the 4.5 version used by FSX) and the Direct X Redist package (by default Win 10, unless its installed as an update over a previous OS, only comes with DX 10, 11 and/or 12 depending on build state) - the version of DX9 (required by FSX) included on the FSX disc is woefully out of date and has some incompatible Win 10 files. Instal them as per C++ 2005.

Archived