Grandkids ... Gotta love em

bmatt569

Hi All,

Yesterday I...attempted... a flight from KMEM to KSLC. Did all of the requisite planning, weather, SIDs route STAR , etc. Fired up the A319 and headed out. The flight was going very well, perfect in fact. Hit TOD descended uneventfully. The approach was to the ILS on 36R. Everything set up, got the intercept to the ILS. The flaps are coming down, speeds on the numbers, 20 mile final ... AND ...

The daughter and her family come to visit. Grandma and Grandpa are very happy to have them drop by. The 2 year old bee lines to my computer. Before I can intercept him he's grabbed the joystick and is banging it around. I'm not worried yet as I'm still letting George fly at this point. THEN THE UNTHINKABLE, little Ben starts pushing as many keys as he can reach. Anybody wanna guess what happened because I don't know for sure. But I can tell you that all of a sudden I wasn't seeing the Rocky Mountains but the vastness of some ocean, lots and lots of blue water.

Oh well, there's always another flight today. Grandkids ... gotta love em.

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Hi All,

Yesterday I...attempted... a flight from KMEM to KSLC. Did all of the requisite planning, weather, SIDs route STAR , etc. Fired up the A319 and headed out. The flight was going very well, perfect in fact. Hit TOD descended uneventfully. The approach was to the ILS on 36R. Everything set up, got the intercept to the ILS. The flaps are coming down, speeds on the numbers, 20 mile final ... AND ...

The daughter and her family come to visit. Grandma and Grandpa are very happy to have them drop by. The 2 year old bee lines to my computer. Before I can intercept him he's grabbed the joystick and is banging it around. I'm not worried yet as I'm still letting George fly at this point. THEN THE UNTHINKABLE, little Ben starts pushing as many keys as he can reach. Anybody wanna guess what happened because I don't know for sure. But I can tell you that all of a sudden I wasn't seeing the Rocky Mountains but the vastness of some ocean, lots and lots of blue water.

Oh well, there's always another flight today. Grandkids ... gotta love em.

All children should be kept on a lead until they learn basic commands: "Sit, Stay, Lie down, Bring Granpa a beer..."

...that kind of thing

And cats, too...

A similar thing once happened to me on short finals into Paris CDG, while carefully descending toward the runway center line and controlling the throttles (so both hands on the joystick) - out of nowhere the cat walks across the keyboard from left to right. Autopilot re-engaged, flaps retracted, gear up, full right aileron and elevators full down in four dainty steps before disappearing back out the door again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

And cats, too...

A similar thing once happened to me on short finals into Paris CDG, while carefully descending toward the runway center line and controlling the throttles (so both hands on the joystick) - out of nowhere the cat walks across the keyboard from left to right. Autopilot re-engaged, flaps retracted, gear up, full right aileron and elevators full down in four dainty steps before disappearing back out the door again.

Didn't happen to leave a dead mouse or rat on the keyboard for ya?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Didn't happen to leave a dead mouse or rat on the keyboard for ya?;)
Lord, no! It never made itself THAT useful![emoji75]

Sent from my 5044Y using Tapatalk

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well, if he/she does, praise them heavily!

They're helping support the clouder (a collection of cats in social setting, like a family) with food. Good kitties bring gifts, even if it's their favorite toy or a stuffed mouse toy.

Praise them for their good deed. They deserve it.

Just shows you they love you. You're the Alpha, the clouder's leader. They want your approval and attention. Giving it to them only increases their happiness, and their bond with you. Well worth a few seconds of your time for the return in love and happiness they give you.

Can you tell we're cat people in our home? :D

We've had 4 adopt us so far...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well, if he/she does, praise them heavily!

They're helping support the clouder (a collection of cats in social setting, like a family) with food. Good kitties bring gifts, even if it's their favorite toy or a stuffed mouse toy.

Praise them for their good deed. They deserve it.

Just shows you they love you. You're the Alpha, the clouder's leader. They want your approval and attention. Giving it to them only increases their happiness, and their bond with you. Well worth a few seconds of your time for the return in love and happiness they give you.

Can you tell we're cat people in our home? :D

We've had 4 adopt us so far...

Pat☺

Sadly Jasmine died 6 years ago, aged 22. She was a complete pain and yes, we still miss her.

7998eef238e12a4852a2236850537dcf.jpg

Sadly Jasmine died 6 years ago, aged 22. She was a complete pain and yes, we still miss her.

7998eef238e12a4852a2236850537dcf.jpg

Uh, oh! I must be babysitting her sister. This one adopted me.

PorchKitty.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Uh, oh! I must be babysitting her sister. This one adopted me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]201420[/ATTACH]

Good grief, the likeness is uncanny! They can certainly tell who likes them, and waste no time taking advantage! Dogs have owners, Cats have staff - I often wondered how I came to be henpecked by a cat! [emoji76]

Cats have staff - I often wondered how I came to be henpecked by a cat!

I am sorry for your loss. We lost one named Weird Al. Actually, Sir Al the Weird. He, and 3 siblings, were born in my easy chair one night while I was at work. Made my lovely wife happy. She'd wanted me to get rid of that chair for a while. That did the trick :D

His mother looked just like the other two you guys posted. Named Gwenn.

He had a habit of licking the toads in Yuma Az. Would come in stoned out his kitty mind. He died of cancer a few years back...

Anywho, Now, we have we have what we call the Four on the Floor!

IMG_20151211_141844176 A.jpg

Great kitties. I won't go into each one.

By the way, Zippy; You feed a cat, you have a cat! Enjoy her ;p

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived