Majestic Dash 8 Q400

Osborne84

Hi Guys,

I am very new to painting a/c and i have come across i little problem which i'm sure someone wouldn't mind helping me out.

I have paint.net and I am trying to remove a logo on both sides of the a/c which i can do fine.

The problem is when I go to load a/c on fsx se the external cabin is black. However the tail and engines are in colour still.

I have been able to do this on PMDG a/c today with out any issues. I just think I'm missing out on a step or applying something before filing the file.

Any help would be grateful.

• 2 weeks later...

If you installed this as new texture for the plane, black area's mean missing texture files.

You can possibly solve this by adding a texture.cfg file. See if other paints for the plane have one. If so, copy that one to the texture.

Open the texture.cfg file just to have a look. You can see the referring lines in it. These make fsx look in those folders for texture files if they are missing.

--

If there is no such file. Either:

-If the plane has a folder called "Texture"

copy the texture.cfg file from the default b737 to your new texture.

Or

-Look through the other textures of your aircraft to see if any filenames are in it that are not present in your texture folder.

----

----

please do post if you installed as a new texture folder, or if you edited an existing one and left it in the same folder?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived