How to do the Prop feathering on Cessna

Sachin_Mahesh

Hello guys, I am totally new to flightsim.com and this is my first post. I am on the mission restocking on Microsoft Flight Simulator and in that mission engine one of the Cessna failes. and the guy who accompany us says that we need to feather the propeller as there is no tutorial on propeller feathering on Microsoft Flight Simulator I would like simple steps that i can easily follow inorder to get my propeller feathered and should i fly in a specific direction of the wind to get it moving? i started my engine and pulled my engine prop control to feather and somehow i did it once and seems like i cant do it agaim. Im not a pilot geek at the moment. looking forward to be one :cool:

I would love it if you can keep the steps simple as possible.

Thankyou,

Sachin Mahesh

If the engine fails, then pull the mixture lever (Red) for that engine downward to shut off the fuel for that engine and then pull the prop lever (blue) downward to feather the prop. Be sure to turn off the ignition for the failed engine. Now you will need to give the running engine plenty of throttle and use the rudder to control your direction

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello guys, I am totally new to flightsim.com and this is my first post. I am on the mission restocking on Microsoft Flight Simulator and in that mission engine one of the Cessna failes. and the guy who accompany us says that we need to feather the propeller as there is no tutorial on propeller feathering on Microsoft Flight Simulator I would like simple steps that i can easily follow inorder to get my propeller feathered and should i fly in a specific direction of the wind to get it moving? i started my engine and pulled my engine prop control to feather and somehow i did it once and seems like i cant do it agaim. Im not a pilot geek at the moment. looking forward to be one :cool:

I would love it if you can keep the steps simple as possible.

Thankyou,

Sachin Mahesh

No prop feather on the Cessna 172 - its a fixed pitch prop.

If it's a model with a constant speed or adjustable propeller the normal routine is retard the throttle, retard the mixture, then pull the prop lever fully out.

The only restock mission I'm aware of in FSX is the Resort Resupply one using a Beech Baron. Upon departing the last delivery, an engine fails on climbout and the pilot needs to maintain control to land at the next airport. Mr. Zippy nailed the procedures. OP will need extra rudder trim to complete the landing successfully.

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

The only restock mission I'm aware of in FSX is the Resort Resupply one using a Beech Baron. Upon departing the last delivery, an engine fails on climbout and the pilot needs to maintain control to land at the next airport. Mr. Zippy nailed the procedures. OP will need extra rudder trim to complete the landing successfully.

I was going totally by the Mission description. That's how I realized it was the Baron 58 and not a single-engine Cessna 172 with fixed pitch prop.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived