What is FSUIPC ?

ster100

It's an interface between FSX and software designed to feed into FSX. Like, it's necessary for certain 3rd party weather softwares. Or for a Fly-by-wire software, or AICarriers.

the list is endless. I suggest getting the latest version that works with FSX. See Doug Dowson's blog page. Just google Doug Dowson. It's in the list. I think second or third entry. Or FSUIPC, and look for Mr. Dowson's Blog page.

It's used by so many software's it's pretty much essential for FSX, any more....

Pat☺

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Oke I shall look there.

I dont have to de-install fsx I think?

You shouldn't need to in-install FSX. FSUIPC is a standalone app that needs a valid install of FSX.

Further to the info provided by Pat, although it is not clear from the info given on Pete Dowson's webpage (found HERE) there are two versions of the app available - Freeware and Payware.

There is a difference between the functionality offered by the two versions so read the info and decide which version is suitable for your needs. Both use the same download file and install process so I suggest getting the freeware version first, install it and have 'play' around with it. The differences in functionality is easy to see - all of the payware functions are there but 'greyed' out. If you decide to buy the payware version there is no need to uninstall the freeware version - simply follow the instructions to unlock and register the additional features using the 'serial key' sent to you.

It should also be noted that, whilst most addons that make use of FUSUIPC will happily work with the freeware version some do require the payware version.

Regards

Brian

I do apologize for the wrong name. I had a sudden case of Cranial Rectumitus.

Sorry...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 3 months later...

Technically,

Flight

Simulation

Universal

Interface

for

PC

What is it?

FSUIPC is an add-in for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Prepar3d which provides an interface for other programs to read and write all sorts of pertinent data relating to the simulation, and in many ways even to control the actual process itself.

Full information from

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

What it does is provide a `hook` for outside programs to connect with FSX/P3d as well as provide a number of direct mods to in-sim software. Available as freeware or as payware with other settings revealed.

Separate versions for FS2004 (FSUIPC3); FSX and P3Dv1-3 (FSUIPC4) and P3Dv4.x (FSUIPC5)

Documentation is downloadable to see if its suitable for you.

Archived