problem displaying additional instrument window on separate monitor

Hi all,

I have a 4 screen setup. 2 for the main view and 2 for the G1000 PFD and MFD.

to display the pfd and mfd i open two additional intrument view windows, undock them, then drag them onto their respective 10inch monitors.

Here is my problem:-

when i open up the additional instrument view the window appears on my main screen, displaying correctly. But when i drag them onto the 10 inch monitor they go totally black. If I drag them back onto my main screen they display ok again. it is like my video card does not have enough memory however i use a 8gb gtx1070 so i would have thought that should be ok.

Could it be lack of main pc ram?

I have noticed that if I dial my FSX settings waaay back the instrument will display OK on the separate monitor, this is what leads me to suspect a memory issue.

But is it Graphics Ram or main PC Ram?

My setup:

2x24inch monitors for main view

2x10inch monitors for instrument views

intel i5 @ 3.8ghz

gtx1070 8gb

8gb ram

250gb ssd

windows 10

Cheers

Stinger

Different problem this one. I sorted the previous problem which was with the pfd display effectively splitting into three colours by reducing the display resolution of the 10 inch monitor. The problem i have now with the instrument not showing at all is definitely exacerbated by a higher res but happens even if i reduce the res to 800x600.

Thanks for looking in though.

:-)

Some additional information...

Everything had been ok for a while but only if I start the sim with a default aircraft which has a low processor demand (I usually use the microlight). Once on the ground at an airport I switch to the Carenado Phenom (my weapon of choice) and fire up the instruments.I found I was not able to start directly using the Phenom without this instrument issue appearing.

As I say, that seemed to work for a while but now even that doesn't help unless I reduce the in-sim settings to very low.

Oddly if I do this, get the aircraft and instruments up-and-running, I can then increase the settings without issue. That is what led me to ask the question regarding memory.

I can't work out why I am having this problem when others are using multi-monitor setups seemingly without this occuring.

cheers

Stinger

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I have a 4 screen setup. 2 for the main view and 2 for the G1000 PFD and MFD.

to display the pfd and mfd i open two additional intrument view windows, undock them, then drag them onto their respective 10inch monitors.

Here is my problem:

when i open up the additional instrument view the window appears on my main screen, displaying correctly. But when i drag them onto the 10 inch monitor they go totally black. If I drag them back onto my main screen they display ok again. it is like my video card does not have enough memory however i use a 8gb gtx1070 so i would have thought that should be ok.

Could it be lack of main pc ram?

I have noticed that if I dial my FSX settings waaay back the instrument will display OK on the separate monitor, this is what leads me to suspect a memory issue.

But is it Graphics Ram or main PC Ram?

My setup:

2x24 inch monitors for main view

2x10 inch monitors for instrument views

intel i5 @ 3.8ghz

gtx1070 8gb

8gb ram

250gb ssd

windows 10

Cheers

Stinger

I am having a similar issue, running two display. HDMI and VGA, attempting to get MFDs on second display. They are showing up fine on my main display but when I drag them to the 2nd display they automatically go to an exterior view for some reason. Any suggestions?

New to flight sims.

I am having a similar issue, running two display. HDMI and VGA, attempting to get MFDs on second display. They are showing up fine on my main display but when I drag them to the 2nd display they automatically go to an exterior view for some reason. Any suggestions?

New to flight sims.

If you use fsuipc check for view assignments. If you have a function assigned in both fsx settings AND fsuipc it can cause some strange issues like you are experiencing.

I found that clearing all joystick assignments in fsx and only using fsuipc to assign switches that it helps.

Cheers Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived