Stat MedEvac addon not coming up on FS2002

kadg

Guys,

Kind of a stupid question on my part, but, I had installed the texture.stat folder into the required AS365 helo folder, I copied the prescribed lines into the aircraft.cfg file, but, when I pull up the FS2002 menu the add on doesn't show up in the aircraft dropdown menu.

Thoughts?

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Adding new entries to the config file can be frustrating at times.

Look carefully at your new entry and compare it to the others.

The "sim=" line MUST be the same as the other entries in that folder. This line points to the ".air" file, btw.

The top "title" line MUST be different, even if its just one character. Otherwise, FS will try to load both entries but you'll only see the older entry.

Find the "ui=" lines. These lines control the text that gets displayed in the drop down menu. Two of them need to match (exactly) the previous entries or your selection may show up elsewhere in the selection menu (ui_manufact and ui_type). The "ui_variation" line needs to be unique by at least one character.

One last common thing to check is the new "sound =" line. If its pointing to a file that isn't in the main folder for your plane, FS will ignore the whole entry.

Like I said, these new cfg entries can be frustrating at times. The fix is usually a small thing, you just have to spot it. :rolleyes:

Here's a better idea. :pilot:

This is an example of how to add a new variation. Text in RED must be different. Text in GREEN must match if you want to see the new repaint show up in the same drop down menu.

[fltsim.5]

title=f16diaf

sim=F-2

model=dbs

panel=

sound=

texture=iaf

checklists=

description=F-16d Fighting Falcon ---by Kirk Olsson---

ui_manufacturer=Lockheed Martin

ui_type=F-16D (2-seater)

ui_variation=bs bombs

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=628

atc_airline=Air Force

atc_flight_number=

atc_type=LOCKHEED

atc_model=F16

[fltsim.6]

title=f16diaf1

sim=F-2

model=dbsmt

panel=

sound=

texture=89-0172

checklists=

description=F-16d Fighting Falcon ---by Kirk Olsson---

ui_manufacturer=Lockheed Martin

ui_type=F-16D (2-seater)

ui_variation=bs empty

atc_heavy=0

atc_id=628

atc_airline=Air Force

atc_flight_number=

atc_type=LOCKHEED

atc_model=F16

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner as I was getting involved in real world studying in college. You're right, it's extremely frustrating at times. ugh! I'll definitely give this a go and see what happens.

Thanks again,

Jerry

Update: Found my mistake through trial and error. Decided to go ahead and make a whole separate folder using the Textures, etc. provided by the author of the file. The new variation works as intended.

Archived