Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can't install QualityWings 757

  1. #1

    Default Can't install QualityWings 757

    Hi there,

    I can't install the QualityWings 757 to Prepar3d. I run the installer, and it asks me to choose a language. I click OK, then...nothing. No error message, no anything.

    I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Burbank CA USA
    Posts
    2,415

    Default

    Is the installer the correct one for P3D? Have you tried redownloading the installer? Have you contacted the developer? Are you installing as ADMINISTRATOR?

    Vic
    P3D Rig
    I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

  3. #3

    Default

    To my knowledge QW757 loads into P3D v3 but will not load into v4.. it is in my other computer with V3.4 I saw something the other day they were looking for beta testers regarding v4....that is all I know about it..

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanspringer2294 View Post
    Hi there,

    I can't install the QualityWings 757 to Prepar3d. I run the installer, and it asks me to choose a language. I click OK, then...nothing. No error message, no anything.

    I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Nope, can't help sorry.
    BECAUSE YOU DON'T SAY WHICH VERSION of P3D.

    [QUOTE]MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

    CPU 1.6 GHz
    1GB RAM
    128MB video card
    1GB of disk space
    Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
    MS Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) with the 9.1 upgrade
    MS Flight Simulator X (FS10) SP2
    MS Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (See Notes below)
    Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier (See Notes Below)

    /QUOTE]

  5. #5

    Default

    Sorry, it is P3Dv4. However, that shouldn't matter, as the installer simply will not run.

    And, I have seen vidoes of this aircraft working in v4.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanspringer2294 View Post
    Sorry, it is P3Dv4. However, that shouldn't matter, as the installer simply will not run.

    And, I have seen vidoes of this aircraft working in v4.
    You are wrong
    http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ulti...t_forum17.html

    V4 is a 64-bit simulator. It WILL NOT RUN.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mallcott View Post
    You are wrong
    http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ulti...t_forum17.html

    V4 is a 64-bit simulator. It WILL NOT RUN.
    But that doesn't explain why the installer will simply not run.
    It is an FSX/P3D installer, it doesn't yet know where I intend to install it when I first run the installer.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanspringer2294 View Post
    But that doesn't explain why the installer will simply not run.
    It is an FSX/P3D installer, it doesn't yet know where I intend to install it when I first run the installer.
    Because it doesn't recognise the simulator. IT WILL NOT RUN.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pontefract, West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanspringer2294 View Post
    But that doesn't explain why the installer will simply not run.
    It is an FSX/P3D installer, it doesn't yet know where I intend to install it when I first run the installer.
    The FIRST thing that ANY installer does is to check for compatible versions of:

    A. The OS.
    B. The versions of the SIM that it is DESIGNED for.

    This takes place when you click on the installer BEFORE it offers up any info to provide the user with the appropriate install options - if it doesn't find any compatible versions of either A and/or B it won't run
    Regards

    Brian

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 09:28 AM
  2. Qualitywings 757
    By alexdilo4 in forum FSX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
  3. Qualitywings 757
    By pedmond in forum FSX
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 07:40 AM
  4. Qualitywings B-757 released (Payware)
    By Avechelice in forum FS2004
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
  5. Qualitywings B-757 announcement (News!)
    By Avechelice in forum FS2004
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 04:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •