Vapor trails FSX

Horacios

Hi there,

I was looking for a new effect for the Vaportrials on the FSX, the standard effects are very bad, indeed! they are like straight segments one after another, when the aircraft fly straight and level, you don't see this, but when it make a rapid turn, the vaportrails are really ugly!

maybe someone have a good idea where I can find the good vaportrails? I hope so!

Hope to hear from you soon with a fix!

Thanks

Cub51

It seems there is this:

FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails

Name: longer_contrails_fsx_fs9.zip

Size: 280,842 Date: 05-19-2012 Downloads: 2,449

FS2004/FSX Longer Contrails. Makes your contrails in FSX/FS2004 longer and more realistic. Thanks to Jan Rosenberg for teaching us how contrails work in FS! By Jeff Favignano.

Hi Mr.Zippy!

Thanks for your message, yes, you right!, there are Contrails and Vaportrails , contrails is the smoke from the engines at altitude , this contrails appear when the temperature is right, and the vaportrails ( this are trails from the wingtip or from the flaps in the landing, depends of the moisture in the air) these are the trails that I want to change in the FSX, but I don't know how to do it!!.By the way, this problem is bigger , sometimes I see these trails in the landing of Cessnas, Pipers and even in ultralight aircrafts generated from the wingtips of these little airplanes, can you imagine??

If you have any idea, let me know

Cub51

Hi Mr.Zippy!

Thanks for your message, yes, you right!, there are Contrails and Vaportrails , contrails is the smoke from the engines at altitude , this contrails appear when the temperature is right, and the vaportrails ( this are trails from the wingtip or from the flaps in the landing, depends of the moisture in the air) these are the trails that I want to change in the FSX, but I don't know how to do it!!.By the way, this problem is bigger , sometimes I see these trails in the landing of Cessnas, Pipers and even in ultralight aircrafts generated from the wingtips of these little airplanes, can you imagine??

If you have any idea, let me know

Cub51

This is the one I remember from a Kirk Olsson F-16C in the file library. It was modified by David Robles and has this section in the aircraft.cfg:

[EFFECTS]

wake=fx_wake

water=fx_spray

dirt=fx_tchdrt

concrete=fx_sparks

touchdown=fx_ktchdwn, 1

contrail=fx_F16ko_Contrail //adds contrail when temp is -30c

startup=fx_F16ko_JetStartHeat3

vaportrail=fx_vapor_fa18.fx

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived