Taildragger tailwheel does not steer

vul75002

I am a newbie with X-Plane 11 and I have several taildraggers and I find that none of the tailwheels steer with my rudder pedals. The rudder pivots but not the wheel. Can someone enlighten me as to what needs to be done to make all my taildraggers steer with the rudder (using pedals).

TIA,

Vul75002

I am a newbie with X-Plane 11 and I have several taildraggers and I find that none of the tailwheels steer with my rudder pedals. The rudder pivots but not the wheel. Can someone enlighten me as to what needs to be done to make all my taildraggers steer with the rudder (using pedals).

TIA,

Vul75002

I only have one tailwheel XP-11 plane and its the VSKYLABS DC-3. I couldn't get it to turn until I learned about the tailwheel lock. It's a little lever down behind the throttle pedestal. White knob, I think. By default it is in the 'off' position. When on, it locks the tailwheel to the rudder so it will behave as you expect. YMMV, of course.

The tail wheel on most tail draggers is basically a glorified shopping cart wheel. It doesn't turn the aircraft. To turn while taxing you need to use differential braking which is using the left and right brakes alternately. This is modeled in both FSX and xplane. When you get up enough speed the rudder will turn the plane on takeoff.

Archived