What Kind of FSX Performance Is Capable Now?

Honestly, with the frustration of how hard it was to run FSX with decent frame rates, I built a decent rig and went back to FS9.

Anyway...years ago I told myself I would forget about it...let hardware catch up some...and come back to it.

So Im curious...if a person drops $1500 on a new rig, are people running FSX with relative success these days? Could I rely on being able to run it, with traffic and quality addons, at consistently over 30-40FPS or so?

Back to the old FPS chasing.

Lesh puts it very eloquently, it's all about smoothness, and up wherever with the FPS.

If you really want a guideline about the frame rates to go for, then look into what frame rates you have in movies and TV.

And forget about videos you see of FSX scenery and other stuff. In many cases those are post-production edited (I believe that's the expression) or more simply doctored to look good!

Jorgen

And then, do not forget that the hardware is only one side of the "problem". Once you have the hardware assembled, then the software will need to be tweaked, so that you get the best performance from the hardware with the software you put on the system. Fortunately, you can search online for help with that issue.

Jorgen

Out-of-the-box FSX (with the necessary patches) will run very well on on a modern system. It's loading modern addons that can bring it back to it's knees. Even then, most , if not all problems can be sorted by consulting the forums.

Setup correctly, FSX is still a thing of beauty IMHO.

cheers

Stinger

Archived