Where to find Real Environment XTREME?

jh1144

Hi,

I've looked all over and can't find Real Environment XTREME for FS9? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I also heard that it's out there for free somewhere. Does anyone know where I can find a free/payware download? :confused:

Thank you!

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Real Environment Professional is free and can be downloaded from the Library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=61541518

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Real Environment Professional is free and can be downloaded from the Library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=61541518

AWESOME!!!! Thank you! Thank you!! Still learning the ropes... :)

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Hello,

Real Environment XTREME is also know as REX .. and it's not free ! nor in the library there

The free addon is FS2004 Real Environment Professional! there

Name: reprostp.zip

Size: 27,298,430 Date: 10-02-2006 Downloads: 20,251

FS2004 Real Environment Professional, an extensive environment upgrade package. Includes new sun, aircraft spotlight, airport lights, Envmap, revised water textures, trees, runway textures, taxiway markings, sky/environment textures and more. By Tim Fuchs.

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

Real Environment XTREME is also know as REX .. and it's not free ! nor in the library there

Absolutely so.

And although that is what the OP asked for and nobody has actually told him that firm's web site is at:

http://www.rexsimulations.com/index.html

But as the question has been asked in a FS9 forum it may be a wasted journey as they seem to have discontinued some/all FS9 products recently. It may be worth a deeper foray through their site, though - I didn't look everywhere.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Absolutely so.

And although that is what the OP asked for and nobody has actually told him that firm's web site is at:

http://www.rexsimulations.com/index.html

But as the question has been asked in a FS9 forum it may be a wasted journey as they seem to have discontinued some/all FS9 products recently. It may be worth a deeper foray through their site, though - I didn't look everywhere.

John

Yeah, I went to their site before posting and couldn't find anything for FS9. I was told it is the "must have" addon. Thank you all for your input. :)

I wouldn’t really call it a ‘must have’ add-on. There is some great freeware textures out there that are very very good.

Although with REX, you get LOTS of sky options which is handy. LOTS of cloud options. Again that’s good. The water is average. The taxi and runway textures are really good. Sun and lights average and plenty of freeware options.

FE9G or whatever it’s called is one to download. Free.

Super sky is another.

Clouds are a little different. Download every free ware cloud textures and try them all.

Halo lights are abundant freeware.

As are runway and taxiway textures. You can always ‘borrow’ some from add-ons and use them in your texture folder.

Save some money and go the freeware route first.

Thank you JSMR.

I'm exploring your freeware suggestions. Thanks!

Thank you JSMR.

I'm exploring your freeware suggestions. Thanks!

You’re welcOne. Download the Real Environment Pro also as was mentioned above. Search for clouds, water, runway and taxi way textures and trees. Here and the other place and also google each.

Do what I do and collect them all. Lots of water textures available. FE9G has some nice water and sky.

Have a big collection then play around with each and see what you like and don’t like. Plenty of world textures available too.

I have 7-8 World / Scenery folders and 4-5 Texture folders. I swap and change depending on mood, location I might fly in (some more Australia or EU based etc).

It keeps the sim experience fresh and fun and interesting. Like having a new sim very so often. :)

You’re welcOne. Download the Real Environment Pro also as was mentioned above. Search for clouds, water, runway and taxi way textures and trees. Here and the other place and also google each.

Do what I do and collect them all. Lots of water textures available. FE9G has some nice water and sky.

Have a big collection then play around with each and see what you like and don’t like. Plenty of world textures available too.

I have 7-8 World / Scenery folders and 4-5 Texture folders. I swap and change depending on mood, location I might fly in (some more Australia or EU based etc).

It keeps the sim experience fresh and fun and interesting. Like having a new sim very so often. :)[/quoteW

Will do. Do you just add and remove from the main FS9 Scenery folder when trying different skies/sceneries/textures?

I have the original Texture and Scenery / World Texture folders. And make other copies and store in external and elsewhere on same HD. And back up the complete fs9 folder before making changes.

Then I make another copy of Texture folders for instance. The original is call Texture.Orginal or something like that. The new Texture folder is what I now use to experiment. New sky, trees, clouds, taxi or runway textures, etc.

Or I try set or from another add on like VOZ or whatever. Then I call it Texture.Voz. When I want to use it, I change what the current Texture folder is to Texture. Current or something, delete the .voz off the other folder and now THAT one is the new Texture folder. Confused?

Texture (original)

Texture.VOZ

Texture.Perfect

Texture.Test

Then I change in 5 seconds like this

Texture (perfect)

Texture.Original

Texture.VOZ

Texture.test

I do the same with my ground textures. I have in Scenery /world folder :

Texture (gepro )

Texture.EVO

Texture.EVO.GePro (Evo with gepro cities)

Texture.voz

And about 3-4 others. So i can change to different textures very quickly and easily.

I have the original Texture and Scenery / World Texture folders. And make other copies and store in external and elsewhere on same HD. And back up the complete fs9 folder before making changes.

Then I make another copy of Texture folders for instance. The original is call Texture.Orginal or something like that. The new Texture folder is what I now use to experiment. New sky, trees, clouds, taxi or runway textures, etc.

Or I try set or from another add on like VOZ or whatever. Then I call it Texture.Voz. When I want to use it, I change what the current Texture folder is to Texture. Current or something, delete the .voz off the other folder and now THAT one is the new Texture folder. Confused?

Texture (original)

Texture.VOZ

Texture.Perfect

Texture.Test

Then I change in 5 seconds like this

Texture (perfect)

Texture.Original

Texture.VOZ

Texture.test

I do the same with my ground textures. I have in Scenery /world folder :

Texture (gepro )

Texture.EVO

Texture.EVO.GePro (Evo with gepro cities)

Texture.voz

And about 3-4 others. So i can change to different textures very quickly and easily.

No that makes perfect sense. That's a good system! Thank you so much for your guidance!

Your welcome! Just don’t forget to back up everything. :)

First thing is to try FE9G I think it’s called. The sky textures. The bright/cold/ less moisture dawn, day and dusk textures look great. :)

And also the water looks great too.

I got FE9G yesterday - amazing!!!

I got FE9G yesterday - amazing!!!

Yeah its really good. Add in some other good textures and you'll have a nice looking sim.

Here's mine with GePro BUT with VOZ forest areas :

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?309899-East-Of-Seattle

Not as green as GePro and to my eyes looks a little more 'earthy' and natural. Plus I use the rock textures from here which look really good : http://files.fsnordic.net/Flight_Simulator/Scenery/Replacement_Textures.

With the FE9G bright/polluted sky textures, it gives it a very natural 'atmospheric' look. Which kinda gets lost a little when resizing the images of course to post. But still, it all looks great to me.

Nothing wrong with FS9 at all. :)

Archived