Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to find Real Environment XTREME?

Default Where to find Real Environment XTREME?

Hi,

I've looked all over and can't find Real Environment XTREME for FS9? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I also heard that it's out there for free somewhere. Does anyone know where I can find a free/payware download?

Thank you!

Real Environment Professional is free and can be downloaded from the Library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=61541518
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Real Environment Professional is free and can be downloaded from the Library here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=61541518
    AWESOME!!!! Thank you! Thank you!! Still learning the ropes...

Hello,

Real Environment XTREME is also know as REX .. and it's not free ! nor in the library there
    The free addon is FS2004 Real Environment Professional! there
    Name: reprostp.zip
    Size: 27,298,430 Date: 10-02-2006 Downloads: 20,251

FS2004 Real Environment Professional, an extensive environment upgrade package. Includes new sun, aircraft spotlight, airport lights, Envmap, revised water textures, trees, runway textures, taxiway markings, sky/environment textures and more. By Tim Fuchs.

Regards.
    If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Avechelice View Post
    Real Environment XTREME is also know as REX .. and it's not free ! nor in the library there
    Absolutely so.

And although that is what the OP asked for and nobody has actually told him that firm's web site is at:
    http://www.rexsimulations.com/index.html

But as the question has been asked in a FS9 forum it may be a wasted journey as they seem to have discontinued some/all FS9 products recently. It may be worth a deeper foray through their site, though - I didn't look everywhere.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnhinson View Post
    Absolutely so.

And although that is what the OP asked for and nobody has actually told him that firm's web site is at:
    http://www.rexsimulations.com/index.html

But as the question has been asked in a FS9 forum it may be a wasted journey as they seem to have discontinued some/all FS9 products recently. It may be worth a deeper foray through their site, though - I didn't look everywhere.

John
    Yeah, I went to their site before posting and couldn't find anything for FS9. I was told it is the "must have" addon. Thank you all for your input.

I wouldn’t really call it a ‘must have’ add-on. There is some great freeware textures out there that are very very good.

Although with REX, you get LOTS of sky options which is handy. LOTS of cloud options. Again that’s good. The water is average. The taxi and runway textures are really good. Sun and lights average and plenty of freeware options.

FE9G or whatever it’s called is one to download. Free.
    Super sky is another.
    Clouds are a little different. Download every free ware cloud textures and try them all.
    Halo lights are abundant freeware.
    As are runway and taxiway textures. You can always ‘borrow’ some from add-ons and use them in your texture folder.

Save some money and go the freeware route first.

Thank you JSMR.

I'm exploring your freeware suggestions. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jh1144 View Post
    Thank you JSMR.

I'm exploring your freeware suggestions. Thanks!
    You’re welcOne. Download the Real Environment Pro also as was mentioned above. Search for clouds, water, runway and taxi way textures and trees. Here and the other place and also google each.

Do what I do and collect them all. Lots of water textures available. FE9G has some nice water and sky.

Have a big collection then play around with each and see what you like and don’t like. Plenty of world textures available too.

I have 7-8 World / Scenery folders and 4-5 Texture folders. I swap and change depending on mood, location I might fly in (some more Australia or EU based etc).

It keeps the sim experience fresh and fun and interesting. Like having a new sim very so often.

[QUOTE=JSMR;2039912]You’re welcOne. Download the Real Environment Pro also as was mentioned above. Search for clouds, water, runway and taxi way textures and trees. Here and the other place and also google each.

Do what I do and collect them all. Lots of water textures available. FE9G has some nice water and sky.

Have a big collection then play around with each and see what you like and don’t like. Plenty of world textures available too.

I have 7-8 World / Scenery folders and 4-5 Texture folders. I swap and change depending on mood, location I might fly in (some more Australia or EU based etc).

It keeps the sim experience fresh and fun and interesting. Like having a new sim very so often. [/QUOTEW

Will do. Do you just add and remove from the main FS9 Scenery folder when trying different skies/sceneries/textures?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast