GPU vs framerates

Hello Everybody,

i have a question for the P3Dv4 tweaking experts :

Will i have a big difference in performance (mostly framerates) between gtx1070 8g gtx1070ti 8g and gtx1080ti 11g ?

I ask because there is a big difference in price between them and the 1080ti prices sky rocketed in my country in the last 2 weeks due to the fckg bitecoin miners.

For the moment i still use my gtx970 waiting for prices to cool down but that s not enough.

Also i must add that i have a i7-8700k 0n a z370 MB, 16gb corsair DDR4 3000Mhz and i use mostly PMDG acfts with addon airports,orbx,AS and lot of AI traffic.

P3D is based on FSX or what ever it was called and is largely CPU dependent. If you notice a frame improvement it will be marginal. With these Sims you want the fastest single threaded capabile CPU you can afford. And even then you may have crap performance. Until another version of FSX comes along that is multi-threaded and truly utilizes the GPU, I'm afraid we are stuck. I say like FSX because X-plane and Flight sim world need work. Though they got a lot going for it.

P3D is based on FSX or what ever it was called and is largely CPU dependent.

While that's strictly speaking true, the GPU requirements for P3D are significantly higher. FSX will run nicely with a GTX760 at 2560x1440; P3D will bog down miserably. Even with a 1070 I'm still pondering whether I should have spent the extra $100 for a 1080.

Cheers!

Luke

Archived