FSX Gold and FSX:SE on the same computer

I know that several forum users have FSX and FSX:SE on the same computer.

I am thinking about getting that also, but would like to know first what the possible pitfalls and problems are, and in general what kind of experience people have had with such a setup.

I would imagine that having the sims on 2 different drives would be a "Good Thingâ„¢"!!!

Thanks for any input -

Jorgen

shortly before I built this machine I had disk and SE versions on the same OS and same drive; I had no issues. The biggest benefit I did see was sharing most of my scenery - gigs and gigs of photo textures, terrain mesh. I still share scenery between FSX and P3d but I've moved my SE install over to the Win10 drive so the issue is now moot for me... actually the two OS's share the scenery drive.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I has FSX Gold edition then added FSX:SE on the same computer and had a few addons that would not work with FSX:SE. This was on a machine that started as a Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10 when Microsoft did the free upgrade. Decided to go back to Windows 7 and after a clean Windows 7 install, just went with FSX:SE and the few addons that would not work with both FSX versions worked ok with just FSX:SE installed.

John C.

Archived