Certain aircraft rolling to the right, banking to the right

kalizzi

I have this problem occurring on only a couple of models, that I recently installed. The Restauravia Mirage III C veers sharply to the right on the runway upon pushing the throttle to full and keeps banking to the right during flight. The same thing happened with the C-46 by Just Flight after a new update. I rolled back the update and the plane flies just fine. I have double checked my joystick it is well calibrated and I have hundreds of other aircraft on my sim they all fly well; any suggestions? I tried various settings on my realism including autorudder on off and torque, all to no avail. The problem occurs on these two models only, hundreds of others fly straight. I disconnected joystick and flew from the keyboard, still the same problem, help please.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried that aircraft. A bit wanky rolling down the runway but I did not notice any pull to the right. In just my short test flight I noticed it needed plenty of power just to stay in the air. Pretty much flew like a lead brick. NEXT:rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Have you added or subtracted any weight to/from the planes?

What is your default flight? Could it be you are starting the planes in question with the autopilot on and it's trying to change course to a new one than you want?

Could it be that when you activate the autopilot it is set to hold a specific heading, rather than holding wings level as it's default?

Do you "wipe" the controls prior to the take-off roll? Including a good rudder waggle?

Just trying to think, which gives me a headache, or any possibility I can...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

How are your realism settings doing ?

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just tried that aircraft. A bit wanky rolling down the runway but I did not notice any pull to the right. In just my short test flight I noticed it needed plenty of power just to stay in the air. Pretty much flew like a lead brick. NEXT:rolleyes:

Hi Zippy, couldn't agree more, yes it is grossly underpowered for a Mach 2 fighter

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you added or subtracted any weight to/from the planes?

What is your default flight? Could it be you are starting the planes in question with the autopilot on and it's trying to change course to a new one than you want?

Could it be that when you activate the autopilot it is set to hold a specific heading, rather than holding wings level as it's default?

Do you "wipe" the controls prior to the take-off roll? Including a good rudder waggle?

Just trying to think, which gives me a headache, or any possibility I can...

Pat☺

Hi Phantom, My default flight is the FSX default, I do not have the autopilot active by default. I always check the flight controls are free and full. My joystick is calibrated nicely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How are your realism settings doing ?

W&B tables need to be adhered to on BOTH the models you describe, providing the clue where the problem is.

Thank you Lefu and Mallcott, yes I will look into both (W&B and Realism Settings) trying different approaches, but its just frustrating.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the AP isn't on, I suspect something in the WB section. IE: You've got a weight of some kind on the right you don't have on the left. Like a 300LB pilot on the right side, and a nice, svelte 110 lb stewardess on the left. Or a big bomb on the right wing, and a little Sidewinder over on the left. That kind of stuff.

Or the right wing has an external tank full of fuel, but the left doesn't. Or even fuel in the wings themselves. Full right, low/empty left will cause this effect.

Another possibility just hit me: Do you have both engines started, and is your throttle operating both engines. If you hit E+1 for some reason, your throttle will only control the left engine. If there are two. I don't know these planes...

Just trying to think off possibilities...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If the AP isn't on, I suspect something in the WB section. IE: You've got a weight of some kind on the right you don't have on the left. Like a 300LB pilot on the right side, and a nice, svelte 110 lb stewardess on the left. Or a big bomb on the right wing, and a little Sidewinder over on the left. That kind of stuff.

Or the right wing has an external tank full of fuel, but the left doesn't. Or even fuel in the wings themselves. Full right, low/empty left will cause this effect.

Another possibility just hit me: Do you have both engines started, and is your throttle operating both engines. If you hit E+1 for some reason, your throttle will only control the left engine. If there are two. I don't know these planes...

Just trying to think off possibilities...

Pat☺

Thank you Pat yes there is all sorts of possible causes, I think it was stuck somewhere in reality settings, I just changed these then reverted to easy, things functioned normally ever since. Thank you and everyone who tried to help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, it is not. Reheat and the SEPR rocket motor mean there's plenty pf power.

You may very well be right but all the buttons and description when you place the mouse on it is in French. I have no idea how to engage any of these. I need to print the manual and put it next to me when I fly the model next time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You may very well be right but all the buttons and description when you place the mouse on it is in French. I have no idea how to engage any of these. I need to print the manual and put it next to me when I fly the model next time.

I found this video from down under tells you how to use afterburner and rocket motor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V45naXi3Ptg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived