Technically NOT a runway incursion...

azzaro

...as we weren't both on the runway at the same time. :o

Still, always a good idea to get clearance at a controlled airport BEFORE landing.

Orbx Cairns scenery and that French flying contraption thingy.

If anyone feels like reporting this incident to the authorities my name is spelled P E E R H O V E N. OK? Cool.

cap-(1115).jpg

cap-(1116).jpg

cap-(1117).jpg

cap-(1118).jpg

cap-(1119).jpg

cap-(1120).jpg

All's well that ends well, eh? Now, off to change my pants.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hi! Could you help me with my English: what does 'French flying contraption thingy' mean? Thanks :):)

Non, je ne parle pas français. Je suis Canadien. :(:confused: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh. OK. I'll let the authorities know that. Thanks :D -- Bob

Sorry Bob,

That just won't work. Authorities throughout the world know the Great Von Peerhoven doesn't make dry landings!! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Looks to me like good timing, is all. Positioning is all wrong, though. Looks about 1/2 mile to the left. The water is way over to the right.

Really, get you line up right for a VON Peerhoven touchdown. Can you call a water touchdown a LANDing? Shouldn't it be more of a WATERing?

Oh well...

:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well! I always do not really understand what you were meaning :) :) As a Canadian you speak both French and English?! :):)

Kinda,

Actually if you're a Canadian and you speak a word of French, there's a huge chance you live in or are from Quebec!!! French is not exactly popular throughout most of the country. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Kinda,

Actually if you're a Canadian and you speak a word of French, there's a huge chance you live in or are from Quebec!!! French is not exactly popular throughout most of the country. ;)

Michael

Well... New Brunswick is fully bilingual. So is much of north-eastern Ontario.

The rest of us know as much French as the average American knows Spanish. Nada!

And, of course, Newfoundland & Labrador have a language all their own. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Follow this Fiendish French Flying Frankenfreak post and all will be revealed:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?309626-More-of-the-Flying-Laxative

Sorry to throw all that alliteration your way, but I know the French can cope. What with Proust and all. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ha! Here I'm approaching to understand. The French thingy IS the plane landing, WHICH is that thing with toundra tires. I had understood it was the plane taking off the wrong way which was related to France somehow :):)
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

You see, language barriers can easily cause international incidents! ;) That's why it's very important to have noble and high standard people around, who also happen to be natural born airman, well known by the happy few of this world. My heart is filled with pride and joy writing these sentences.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And that's why I was inquiring about:mad::mad: having myself a degree in international law and not wanting to trigger any international dispute :mad:

On the other hand, Renault are our last national brand and I can't criticize before not-French people :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Let's caution people not to take care of such stance! You always were like that ,as far as I remember when I was on that forum say some years ago :):):) Maybe that worsened a little bit but, who really cares! :):):)

Hey! You remind of a old aristocratic French family named 'Mortemart' (in English, literally "dead pond"). Their motto was, in French: 'Avant que mer fut, Mortemart était". I don't know whether that will translate easily, but that is about like: "Before the sea were, Mortemart -'dead pond'- was.' Any link in Netherlands with the Mortemart?

Oops. Excuse me! I thought it was Peer who had answered. It was his very style! Are you Dutch also, anyway? Don't take for you what I was writing as I was thinking I was answering to Peer :):):): A variant of the quote may also be "Avant que mer ne fut, Mortemart était", some French grammar point :)

Well! We should cancel that point as I have mistaken you, Peer, with boxcar. But it is his fault as he perfectly imitates your style, nose punching excepted maybe LOL

Mmmm, parfait! I love parfait. Ain't nobody don't like no parfait. (to quote donkey). :)

How did this thread go so far off the tracks?

All I did was post one simple von Peerhoven-like faux pas, and it has come to this?!

Battlalion-of-Waterloo.jpg

GENTLEMEN! Let us sheathe our weapons! Are we not all brothers under the Sim?

Come... let us have some Parfait! -- Bob (Like Bub Dylan? Oh Baab! Oui, Baab.)*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived