San Antonio to Vegas

Been a long while since I posted. Did a complete revamps of FSX.

San Antonio - 1 mile visibility for take off

fsscr001.jpg

Climb out into the soup

fsscr002.jpg

Traffic in sight

fsscr005.jpg

Time to spend money!

fsscr007.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi!

Nice views from the flight deck! Fog in Texas by now?:pilot:

Thanks. Late Friday afternoon there was. Real weather uploaded!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots! In fact you really make me pretty jealous. RW, the only trips I've made from San Antonio to or near Vegas was in a chopper with no AC.

Yes, I know it's "Winter" now. But all my trips through there were either late Spring or during Summer, by chopper!:o:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Beautiful sights.

Going to have to fill the tanks and get departure clearance!

For sure, just about used up all of it.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots! In fact you really make me pretty jealous. RW, the only trips I've made from San Antonio to or near Vegas was in a chopper with no AC.

Yes, I know it's "Winter" now. But all my trips through there were either late Spring or during Summer, by chopper!:o:o

Michael

I'm sure the chopper trip would offer a nice view. The thing with this trip is that FSX ATC routing dropped me 500 feet below the mountain tops vectoring me to the ILS. Got a lot of noise from them being "below my assigned altitude!" Kind of hard to talk back to a computer program!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those first two pics remind me of a VFR flight I made with a lady friend (an instructor) from Corpus Christi to San Antonio some 20 years ago. I was flying when we hit the dust storm - well above my pay grade.

Next thing, the ILS at San Antonio was 'temporarily unserviceable, sorry guys'. The lady was cool as ice as she flew a flawless VOR approach to minimums. She was white as a ghost, nonetheless. Needless to say, the drinks were on me!

John

http://ivao.websafe.dk/img/promo/promo_sm.jpghttp://status.ivao.aero/R/317780.png

John

Those first two pics remind me of a VFR flight I made with a lady friend (an instructor) from Corpus Christi to San Antonio some 20 years ago. I was flying when we hit the dust storm - well above my pay grade.

Next thing, the ILS at San Antonio was 'temporarily unserviceable, sorry guys'. The lady was cool as ice as she flew a flawless VOR approach to minimums. She was white as a ghost, nonetheless. Needless to say, the drinks were on me!

John

Now that would have been a bit of teeth grinding

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there David, great cockpit views you posted! small world in Texas! And great sky colors in the last pics:cool::cool::cool:

Thank you sir

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sure the chopper trip would offer a nice view. The thing with this trip is that FSX ATC routing dropped me 500 feet below the mountain tops vectoring me to the ILS. Got a lot of noise from them being "below my assigned altitude!" Kind of hard to talk back to a computer program!

:p:p I know exactly what you mean!! Every time I try an IFR approach to Innsbruck, ATC directs me into the side of a mountain! :o:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

:p:p I know exactly what you mean!! Every time I try an IFR approach to Innsbruck, ATC directs me into the side of a mountain! :o:o

Michael

If we are in the clouds it's over! I definitely need more approach plates

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A very pretty groups of shots David. Nice dusk sky colors too. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool captures, David. :) Makes me want to jump into the cockpit and fly somewhere.

Thank you sir. Very therapeutic for me!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am impressed you knew my first name: sir. http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sun/t113004.gif "Therapeutic" is one of those key words for me as well when it comes to MSFS editions. Am even remembering chasing green lines on a mono 300 x 400 Apple IIe screen back in the early 80s and loving every minute of it.

​.

Sometimes I get lucky on first names :-). Me: Commodore 128, SubLogic Flight Sim!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived