FSX Steam crashing exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

russianaviator

Hello all,

Windows surface pro user here with FSX-SE. Been using it for about a year and it works fine. Haven't added any recent add-ons in awhile. About 2 days ago, I click fly now to go into a flight, and the error dialogue pops up with:

unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately

exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B . I have the whole error message copied as well. Done some research and the only thing people keep disgussing relating to this error is the use of iTunes which I have been using but never had an issue with FSX-Se until now. I can't even get loaded into a flight... Thanks

Thanks alot.

Listen to me. Its a system error not an addon error. No error with a code like that is ever a problem with sim files so you you can delete anything you like and you won't fix it.

Now by half-uninstalling the sim you've probably ballsed it up, beyond any redeemability.

You ONLY needed to reinstall the corrupt Simconnect, which contrary to popular belief are Windows files, not FSX...

Archived