AI traffic for the following.

Hey,

Can anyone guide me in the right direction for some AI traffic for Bangalore (VOBL), Mangalore (VOML), Vishakapatnam (VEVZ), Madras (VOMM) and Dubai (OMDB).

I have seen the World of AI website and I had downloaded quite a few files, however everytime I added an airline to the AI traffic eg: if I already had IndiGo A320s and if I added Air Arabia A320s after that, all the IndiGo ones would disappear. So basically if I installed more traffic that used common aircrafts as I already had the older ones would disappear and only the newer ones would show.

Also World of AI only lists IndiGo as the only domestic operator out of VOBL and misses airlines like GoAir, SpiceJet and Jet Airways etc.

Maybe there is a mix between FS2004 and FSX flightplans.

Take the tool AIFP for check this.

Jan

EHAM base RWY 06

Some airplanes : Fokker70

Intel i7-4771 3.90 Ghz - Asus Z87-A - Asus GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 - Memory 8 GB - Windows 7 64 - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB / 250GB - Samsung HD 1TB / 160 GB

I don't think a mix between FS9 and FSX plans is the issue here. Rather, I think the aircraft.cfg is being overwritten in its entirety, so that, in the OP's example, he does not add the flightsim.x entries from Air Arabia to the aircraft.cfg with the IndiGo entries already in it.

When you already have an AI aircraft installed, and want to add additional aircraft (liveries) of the very same type, for the that next aircraft you only copy the flightsim.x entries from that new aircraft into the already existing aircraft.cfg file and make sure you renumber the flightsim.x entries from 0 and up.

Jorgen

+1 on Jorgen's statement....

I use the following procedure to make it easy to install and find added stuff - taking the WoAI 320 listed by the OP as an example.....

1. Unzip both packs into separate temp folders. Install ONE of the packs into FSX - lets say for example the Indigo pack - this gives you the basic model and the Indigo paints.

2. Copy the Air Arabia textures ONLY into the base model folder installed into FSX at step 1. above. NOTE there may be a folder called Texture located within the Air Arabia folder - this contains basic common textures for the base model and DOES NOT need to be copied.

3. Open BOTH copies of the aircraft.cfg file (i.e the one in the installed Indigo pack folder within FSX and the one in the Air Arabia folder) using Notepad.

4. In the Indigo aircraft.cfg located the last [fltsim.xx] entry - note these entries start at [fltsim.0] and follow on sequentially. At the end of the last entry add a few lines and then make an entry such as this

//-----Air Arabia Repaints-----

5. Go to the Air Arabia aircraft.cfg file and copy all the [fltsim.xx] entries. Go back to the installed aircraft.cfg file and paste the entries immediately below the entry made at step 4.

6. Rename the [fltsim.xx] entries to follow on in sequence from the last number from the original entries - i.e. if the last Indigo entry is [fltsim.10] the first Air Arabia entry must be [fltsim.11].

It is worth mentioning again that the [fltsim.xx] entries must be sequential. If you delete a texture that is no longer required and simply delete the corresponding [fltsim.xx] entry any textures after that entry may not load - in the case of non-ai aircraft they no longer appear in the aircraft listing page - until you change/re-sequence the numbers.

WRT to the other airlines - do a search of the file library here at FlightSim or over at AVSim. There are plenty of AI airline based flightplans avialble and loads of popular AI models. The AI flightplan file will give details of what models are required and will often give details of where to find them

Regards

Brian

A thing to remember is that the WoA flight plans are in FS9 format - at least according to my sometimes faulty memory, since it's been a long while since I installed any of them. So they will have to be converted to the FSX format, which is very simple with AIFP, found here:

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP

Just go to "Latest General Release" on the left.

To check that you have all the textures, that your flightsim.x entries refers to them correctly and those entries are numbered sequentially, then a great tool is AIAE, found here:

http://www.owlsnest.eu/phpatm/index.php?action=view&filename=AIAE.NET-Setup.zip&directory=Tools&

I use these all the time.

I remember when I started out with FSX in 2008 or so that I had the same issue as the OP in the beginning, until I figured out how things worked together.

Jorgen

It's been a while since I've used the WoAI installer, but if my memory doesn't deceive me too much, then when you install a second WoAI package over a prior one, then the aircraft.cfg file gets overwritten, and you thereby lose the prior fltsim.x entries, but keep the textures.

So you'll need to uncompress the second and subsequent packages to a working location, and from there copy the textures into the aircraft folder, and then only the fltsim.x entries into the aircraft.cfg "manually".

But it's been a while....

Jorgen

You are wrong. Use the automatic inststall method. If the model is there from a previous package it installs only the new texture and adds it correctly to the aircraft.cfg. It does the whole thing for you. It also remembers what it has installed and stores it in the woaixdata file, so it won't install a package twice.

Just use the installer.

There's a manual included in the download. Read that before use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think a mix between FS9 and FSX plans is the issue here. Rather, I think the aircraft.cfg is being overwritten in its entirety, so that, in the OP's example, he does not add the flightsim.x entries from Air Arabia to the aircraft.cfg with the IndiGo entries already in it.

When you already have an AI aircraft installed, and want to add additional aircraft (liveries) of the very same type, for the that next aircraft you only copy the flightsim.x entries from that new aircraft into the already existing aircraft.cfg file and make sure you renumber the flightsim.x entries from 0 and up.

Jorgen

I'll have a go at this, you've understood my problem clearly here.

+1 on Jorgen's statement....

I use the following procedure to make it easy to install and find added stuff - taking the WoAI 320 listed by the OP as an example.....

1. Unzip both packs into separate temp folders. Install ONE of the packs into FSX - lets say for example the Indigo pack - this gives you the basic model and the Indigo paints.

2. Copy the Air Arabia textures ONLY into the base model folder installed into FSX at step 1. above. NOTE there may be a folder called Texture located within the Air Arabia folder - this contains basic common textures for the base model and DOES NOT need to be copied.

3. Open BOTH copies of the aircraft.cfg file (i.e the one in the installed Indigo pack folder within FSX and the one in the Air Arabia folder) using Notepad.

4. In the Indigo aircraft.cfg located the last [fltsim.xx] entry - note these entries start at [fltsim.0] and follow on sequentially. At the end of the last entry add a few lines and then make an entry such as this

//-----Air Arabia Repaints-----

5. Go to the Air Arabia aircraft.cfg file and copy all the [fltsim.xx] entries. Go back to the installed aircraft.cfg file and paste the entries immediately below the entry made at step 4.

6. Rename the [fltsim.xx] entries to follow on in sequence from the last number from the original entries - i.e. if the last Indigo entry is [fltsim.10] the first Air Arabia entry must be [fltsim.11].

It is worth mentioning again that the [fltsim.xx] entries must be sequential. If you delete a texture that is no longer required and simply delete the corresponding [fltsim.xx] entry any textures after that entry may not load - in the case of non-ai aircraft they no longer appear in the aircraft listing page - until you change/re-sequence the numbers.

WRT to the other airlines - do a search of the file library here at FlightSim or over at AVSim. There are plenty of AI airline based flightplans avialble and loads of popular AI models. The AI flightplan file will give details of what models are required and will often give details of where to find them

Thanks, a well written set of instructions.

You are wrong. Use the automatic inststall method. If the model is there from a previous package it installs only the new texture and adds it correctly to the aircraft.cfg. It does the whole thing for you. It also remembers what it has installed and stores it in the woaixdata file, so it won't install a package twice.

Just use the installer.

There's a manual included in the download. Read that before use.

Using the "installer" or "automatic" way to install the liveries is what actually started overwriting the files and I ended up with the issue I had.

The auto installer only knows hat IT has installed. Not what IS installed.

Maybe that's why it overwrites.

If using the auto install you should always use the same copy of the installer. I have two copies on the system. One used to install into fsx only. The other used for testing only.

What IT has installed is stored in the woaixdata file. If removing the installer you should save that file. And restore the file when using a new copy of the installer with fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Using the "installer" or "automatic" way to install the liveries is what actually started overwriting the files and I ended up with the issue I had.

This is the reason why I do manual installs following the procedure I outlined at post #5. I first used WoAI back in my FS2004 days and still suffered such issues every now and then. I think the problem is more related to how (and when) an individual package was created as I suspect that some earlier packs are not fully compatible with later installer versions and vice-versa with newer packs/older installers.

Also WRT the instructions I gave at post #5 - I should point out that STEP 4 is not necessary and is uptp an individuals need. I do it simply to make it easier to ID repaints in the event I want to remove them completely or update them with a newer scheme being used by the airline.

Regards

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Archived