changing nav, strobe & landing lights to light blue color

xrtc

I've seen there is already a thread for turning lights to orange color. I want to ask if someone knows how to turn nav, strobe and landing lights to light blue color. Im asking this because A320 neos, 737maxs and some other "new" aircraft versions have new lights which are no longer white or yellow...any help would be more than welcome...i know that it has something to do with the attributes inside each light's .fx file...

I believe you can open up the effects file for the light you want to modify (after backing up the original) and look for the color entries. Use notepad or another text editor. IIRC there should be 4 sets of digits, each referring to a color (red, green, and blue) and the last digit is the brightness. I think the scale is 0 to 255. Try changing the values and play around with it until you find a combination that works for you.

Yes, just save off a copy of the starting .FX file FIRST.

Look for any heading [ParticleAttributes.X] , where X is any number.

Look for the lines marked

Color Start=225, 225, 225, 225

Color End=225, 225, 225, 225

Change the numbers to make the color you want. As mentioned, it's a RGB set of numbers. Start is what color you want the effect to start out as, end, well it's what it ends as. In this case, you should probably make the same. Like 10, 50, 200, and end is 10, 50 200 s well.At least to start out.

Save off the file, and test it out. :D

FXEditor is a great tool for editing FX files. You can find it HERE.

Give it a look :)

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived