FSrealWX.. since the weather function is STILL down

Hossfly68

I used to be computer literate but that was a long time ago, so when I kept reading about installing 3rd party weather programs, I was just resigned to the fact that I needed to find a hungry 16 year old to install it. Turns out it was a lot easier than I thought. Pretty sure I'm not even using it to it's full potential, but I am beyond impressed with the results!

Just to see what it would do with real weather, I loaded up a flight from KMEM (where it just started snowing a couple hours ago) and took off for Nashville. It actually showed the landscape in the northeastern part of Memphis covered in snow and it was moving East! About that time I flew into icing conditions and my pitot tube froze up. Found the pitot heater switch and fixed that problem, then the engine started losing power. I descended to a lower altitude before making a landing at Wolf River Airport just outside of Memphis, and ending the flight.

Pretty sure I'll be buying this one after my trial period is up. Any tips or tricks for it that I might enjoy knowing about?

Any tips or tricks for it that I might enjoy knowing about?

Just so you know, once the trial period runs, you don't HAVE to buy it. It will keep right on working as it does now. Limited functionality, but more than adequate to keep a decent weather input for the sim.

Just thought you might like to know. I'm glad you like it so well :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Define "it" What is the name of the weather program you are using?

I have been using Active Sky Evolution, but I'm not aware of a trial period. I'd like to upgrade to AS2016 because I bought their cloud product (the name escapes me at the moment), but discovered that I need AS16 just to use it.

Edit-

Oh! FSX Real Weather is what it's called? I'm confused about a trial period. It says 'it will always be free.' http://www.fsrealwx.net/

I saw the note about it always being free, but I keep getting a pop-up that tells me how long I have left so I figured I must have downloaded a trial for the Pro version. Either way, the program rocks! I've been away from FS for a long time and just recently got back into it and got a computer that can handle FSX (I was previously doomed to FS 2k4). I never really flew in harsh weather before so maybe progressing areas of snow is normal, but I'd never seen it and it amazed me. Waiting to see what it'll do with the weather system moving into this area tonight (Mobile,Al). The Weather Channel is over hyping it and making it look like Snowpocalypose on the Gulf. I wonder if the program will show icicles on the gas rigs out in the water? Probably not, but it'll be ok..

Oh! FSX Real Weather is what it's called? I'm confused about a trial period. It says 'it will always be free.

FSRealWX LITE will always be free. FSRealWX PRO is available for purchase.

BUT: Much like FSUIPC, it will function in a limited fashion whether you pay or not. You just miss out on some features that will be unlocked once you pay.

but I keep getting a pop-up that tells me how long I have left so I figured I must have downloaded a trial for the Pro version

Yes, that's what you did. Just shake your head up and down when it pops up, click OK, and go right on using it.

Again, you miss out on some features, but the program works fine, providing accurate weather to the sim.

I've been using FSRealWX, both Lite and Pro (not paid for), since January of 2015. They both still work just fine. If I get too annoyed with the Pro pop-up, I use Lite for a while. Other than that, I use Pro.

Hope all this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived