Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now i cant save flights. Win 10 problem

1. Default Now i cant save flights. Win 10 problem

Hello All
    After finally thinking I had got FS9 up and running on W10 , I now find I cannot save any flights.
    I was trying to save a Cold and Dark scenario but cannot.
    error message says Not a valid flight and cant save (or suchlike)
    Any ideas about this latest glitch in the battle of the glitches.

thanks Andy

Hi,
    Have FS2004 running on W10 perfectly and the fights are saving OK.
    Can you open any of your previously saved flights, or default flights? Do not know what the cold and dark scenario is, but can you save your own flight with default location? The scenario can be acting up! Did you save your Flight Simulator Files from the Documents folder prior to going to W10. If yes, can you copy some saved fights from there and open these?
    Peter

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beroun View Post
    Hi,
    Have FS2004 running on W10 perfectly and the fights are saving OK.
    Can you open any of your previously saved flights, or default flights? Do not know what the cold and dark scenario is, but can you save your own flight with default location? The scenario can be acting up! Did you save your Flight Simulator Files from the Documents folder prior to going to W10. If yes, can you copy some saved fights from there and open these?
    Peter
    Thanks for the reply
    I have struggling over three days now trying to get Fs9 running on a new pc with w10.
    As it stands now I have two installations on my new PC .
    Frustratingly when I run one installation( C:FLGHTSIMULATOR 9) I can save flights with no problems, but I cant get two really useful utilities Fuelloader and Joy to key to work.
    with the other installation (C:FS9) Those two utilities work, but I can't save flights.
    PS Cold and dark is just a flight I NORMALLY create so the plane loads with nothing operating ie engines avionics etc I have to perform the startup myself.
    What adds to the intense frustration is that Fs9 works perfectly on the flight side with both installations but if someone can help me get the (C:FS9)installation running AND saving flights that's what I would like.
    I am so close and its just so annoying.

cheers Andy

PS both installations are backed up versions.
    One was installed over a brand new installation of Fs9 from original discs.
    The other was simply copied over from from an external drive where I used to back it up from from time to time. This was copied as is and no installation of the original FS9 on this occasion
    Both work but with the above mentioned problems.
    Last edited by HoratioWondersocks; 01-13-2018 at 01:01 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    Thanks for the reply
    I have struggling over three days now trying to get Fs9 running on a new pc with w10.
    As it stands now I have two installations on my new PC .
    Frustratingly when I run one installation( C:FLGHTSIMULATOR 9) I can save flights with no problems, but I cant get two really useful utilities Fuelloader and Joy to key to work.
    with the other installation (C:FS9) Those two utilities work, but I can't save flights.
    PS Cold and dark is just a flight I NORMALLY create so the plane loads with nothing operating ie engines avionics etc I have to perform the startup myself.
    What adds to the intense frustration is that Fs9 works perfectly on the flight side with both installations but if someone can help me get the (C:FS9)installation running AND saving flights that's what I would like.
    I am so close and its just so annoying.

cheers Andy

PS both installations are backed up versions.
    One was installed over a brand new installation of Fs9 from original discs.
    The other was simply copied over from from an external drive where I used to back it up from from time to time. This was copied as is and no installation of the original FS9 on this occasion
    Both work but with the above mentioned problems.

PS As an extra thought could the fact that I have two installations both using the C: location be causing a clash? IE both trying to use the documents flight simulator files folder etc

You didn't mention if it would load a flight. If so, save the flight from the other copy, and load it from this one.
    Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tgibson_new View Post
    You didn't mention if it would load a flight. If so, save the flight from the other copy, and load it from this one.
    Hello Tom
    Both installations can load flights.
    One installation will load and save flights ,no problem with that.
    But! It won't run my favoured utilities ie fuel loader and joy to key .
    Also the atc speak has reverted to a mixture of fast and slow. ( Was all fast courtesy of editvoicepak) originally.
    The other version I have runs all those utilities and retains the fast atc dialogue but won't save flights or save flightplans created with FsNavigator.
    Anyway Iam getting knackered trying all this ,but will persist.
    I may try again from scratch.

Thanks Andrew
    Last edited by HoratioWondersocks; 01-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Hi Andrew,

I think the problem maybe related to having two installs that might be sharing the same default folders/data that is stored outside of the sim main folder. The fact that they are installed on the same drive is not the issue as for all intents and purposes they are individual BUT both installs would have written data into the same default areas mentioned below.

By default, a number of files (like the logbook, saved flight plans etc) are stored outside of the sim in a number of locations......

C:\Users\<YourAcctName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\Users\<YourAcctName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\Documents\<SimFolderName>

You may find that each of these areas may have TWO <SimFolderName> entries but I suspect that there is a conflict between them somewhere.

EDIT

Also WRT the utilities that aren't working - if the user license allows you may have to install two instances of them and point one install towards the first sim install and then the second to the sim install - will this work???? that will depend on what source data and its location the utilities need to be pointed to to obtain that info

EDIT END
    Last edited by longbreak754; 01-14-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added EDIT info
    Regards

Brian

Blog Entries

HoratioWondersocks,

What are these "utilities Fuelloader and Joy to key" please?

Can one download them somewhere?

Nick

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by asos View Post
    HoratioWondersocks,

What are these "utilities Fuelloader and Joy to key" please?

Can one download them somewhere?

Nick
    Hello ASOS
    You can download Fuelloader from Avsim .
    For joy to key simply Google it and you will get a link.
    Cheers Andrew

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by longbreak754 View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I think the problem maybe related to having two installs that might be sharing the same default folders/data that is stored outside of the sim main folder. The fact that they are installed on the same drive is not the issue as for all intents and purposes they are individual BUT both installs would have written data into the same default areas mentioned below.

By default, a number of files (like the logbook, saved flight plans etc) are stored outside of the sim in a number of locations......

C:\Users\<YourAcctName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\Users\<YourAcctName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\<SimFolderName>
    C:\Documents\<SimFolderName>

You may find that each of these areas may have TWO <SimFolderName> entries but I suspect that there is a conflict between them somewhere.

EDIT

Also WRT the utilities that aren't working - if the user license allows you may have to install two instances of them and point one install towards the first sim install and then the second to the sim install - will this work???? that will depend on what source data and its location the utilities need to be pointed to to obtain that info

EDIT END
    Thanks Brian
    I had my suspicions the two might be clashing.
    Funnily enough when I started the backed up copy that wouldn't save flights (which was my preferred choice of the two installtions apart from the not saving flights problem ) it now decided it WOULD save flights .
    Maybe because I started it first after a night's rest It got to use the folders you mentioned also first?
    So I think I may be up and running .I will probably remove the other installation (if that's the right thing to do in your opinion ) to avoid further clashes.
    The version I now have also retains the sped up atc dialogue (courtesy of editvoicepak)
    It's appears now to be all running correctly (8ncuding the two utilities I mentioned)
    The only thing now ,is the niggle of the sim asking for direct play each time I start it up ,but I simply ignore that and close that message window and the sim runs with no problems.

Thanks as always for your help .
    I hope? Things are now sorted.

Thanks Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast