Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with installing TDS 737 MAX8

1. Default Help with installing TDS 737 MAX8

Hello,

I downloaded the following file tds_boeing_737max8_basepack.zip. Unfortunately the installation instructions are anything but useful. Infact it seems that the installation instructions with the 737 MAX8 seem to be the ones for the 737 MAX200.

Would someone be able to give me instructions on how to install these?

I did try installing it, however I had no sound and no VC. So it would be really wonderful if someone can help. When I downloaded the same file over a year ago it had a proper set of instructions.

Regards.

2. Default

To use the FSX 737 VC see this thread...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...=tds+737+merge

The sound needs to be directed to the FSX 737 also in the sound.cfg in the Sound folder.

Be sure to get model updates from TDS @ Facebook to fix issues with lights etc.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, WD VelociRaptor 250gb and 1000gb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, CM Cosmos S, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dogdish View Post
    To use the FSX 737 VC see this thread...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...=tds+737+merge

The sound needs to be directed to the FSX 737 also in the sound.cfg in the Sound folder.

Be sure to get model updates from TDS @ Facebook to fix issues with lights etc.
    Thank you, but being a bit dumb when it comes to all things computer related I am looking out for the instructions I remember seeing over a year ago.
    Last edited by BLRPlaneSpotter; 01-13-2018 at 08:49 AM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BLRPlaneSpotter View Post
    Hello,

I downloaded the following file tds_boeing_737max8_basepack.zip. Unfortunately the installation instructions are anything but useful. Infact it seems that the installation instructions with the 737 MAX8 seem to be the ones for the 737 MAX200.

Would someone be able to give me instructions on how to install these?

I did try installing it, however I had no sound and no VC. So it would be really wonderful if someone can help. When I downloaded the same file over a year ago it had a proper set of instructions.

Regards.
    I'd appreciate it greatly if someone can give me some "STEP BY STEP" instructions on how to install the TDS Boeing 737 MAX8

5. Default

There is a search box at the top of every page. You can use that to find a thread.
    The tds does not come with a vc. It is a native fsx model, so you can add a fsx vc.
    You can find some packages online that already have a vc added. Not by tds, but by people that put sometim together themselves.
    That will usually be the default 737 vc (will need some steps to do manually, as they can't add microsoft's files. You will need to copy those to such a plane, instructions will be in a readme.txt file. (easy to follow steps.))
    Sometimes the fsdn 737 vc is added. Then no extra steps are needed.

6. Default

To find info on how to add a vc yourself,
    google: fsx vc cockpit merge

there are several great step by step guides on how to do a merge.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    There is a search box at the top of every page. You can use that to find a thread.
    The tds does not come with a vc. It is a native fsx model, so you can add a fsx vc.
    You can find some packages online that already have a vc added. Not by tds, but by people that put sometim together themselves.
    That will usually be the default 737 vc (will need some steps to do manually, as they can't add microsoft's files. You will need to copy those to such a plane, instructions will be in a readme.txt file. (easy to follow steps.))
    Sometimes the fsdn 737 vc is added. Then no extra steps are needed.
    Thank you, as you can see "dogdish" has already provided me with a good enough tutorial via a link to a thread on how to add a VC.

Now I am looking for how to add the sound to the TDS 737 Max 8

8. Default

To add the sound to the TDS 737 Max 8 you need to alias the FSX default B737-800 sound to it, you do this by placing a "Sound.cfg" into the TDS 737 Max 8 sound folder, this is easily done as the FSX default B747-400 uses a sound.cfg file aliased to the default B737-800, so just copy the sound.cfg file from your B747-400 sound folder into your TDS 737 Max 8 sound folder.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PAULCRAIG View Post
    To add the sound to the TDS 737 Max 8 you need to alias the FSX default B737-800 sound to it, you do this by placing a "Sound.cfg" into the TDS 737 Max 8 sound folder, this is easily done as the FSX default B747-400 uses a sound.cfg file aliased to the default B737-800, so just copy the sound.cfg file from your B747-400 sound folder into your TDS 737 Max 8 sound folder.
    Thank you @PAULCRAIG @il88pp @dogdish I'll let you'll know how it comes along.

PS: Is there any better sound files? Just asking.

10. Default

There are a couple of replacement sound packages for the B737NG available from the flightsim.com library, default_fsx_737_sound_mod.zip & 737ng_cfm56-7b_sounds.zip, to find these you just copy the file names including the .zip into the library "File name" search box.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast