How to get add-on files to work in FS9?

jh1144

Hi, I am complete newbie. I have downloaded several complete planes and scenery add-ons from this site, but I don't know how to get them work in FS9. I copied them to my Airplane folder in FS9, but they aren't working. Help!! :)

Thank you!

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

First let's deal with the aircraft. Were these downloads complete aircraft for FS2004 indicated by the gold checkmark by the filename? Did these downloads contain a complete panel and not just a panel.cfg that aliased another aircraft?

Were the scenery files meant for FS2004. Were they correctly unzipped and added to the appropriate place like the Scenery Library of your Sim?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes is made sure they were the complete aircraft. The files were for FS2004. Yes they were unzipped and put in the appropriate area. By complete panel, do you mean the "panel" folder, or do you mean the four or so files associated with the FULL aircraft (i.e. - Aircraft, Panel, etc.

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Yes is made sure they were the complete aircraft. The files were for FS2004. Yes they were unzipped and put in the appropriate area. By complete panel, do you mean the "panel" folder, or do you mean the four or so files associated with the FULL aircraft (i.e. - Aircraft, Panel, etc.

Yes, complete panel folders with associated files. Can you give a filename of an aircraft download you tried?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you for your help, but I finally figured it out! :D

Archived