newbie with fs2004 and windows 10

bearemcs

I am a newbie to simming and have read reviews on most of the programs out there and decided that fs2004 was the most appropriate for me. I am also an older fellow with limited computer skills, "technologically challenged" :cool: Long story short, I purchased the disk set of fs2004 and attempted to install it. I have tried many solutions that I have found on the internet and still have not been able to get it operational. My question is, is there a "guide to installing fs2004 for DUMMIES" , and if so where can I find it??

Thanks for all of your help!!

Welcome to the (FS9) simming community.

Whatever you do, do not install FS2004 (FS9) in it's default position. Make it a "custom" install into a position, preferably in a different partition on your HD to the one in which your Win10 is installed, e.g. in your D partition. Installing FS9 into it's default position will make it end up in a protected Win10 area causing all kinds of unpredictable and unexpected problems when using your new FS9.

Furthermore, installation is relatively simple, just begin at the beginning with disk 1. You can always try again if you're not happy with it or have made a mistake.

When you're finished with all four disks, don't forget (very important) to install the FS9 update and the "No CD patch".

I'm not aware of any install tutorial for the FS9 installation but just by (re)trying you will succeed anyway, like all of us have done after a number of tries.

Good luck.

Hans

Thanks, Hans. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out. :D

Hello

Both the fs9 update(sometimes called the patch)and nocd file are important,but the one you need to get fs9 running is the nocd file, having said that you really ought to install the fs9 update as well (the update fixes numerous things within your fs9 installation.

Cheers Andy

Thanks Hans and Andy, I learned how to set up a partition in win 10, did that. Installed the fs2004 there, added the update, and no cd patch. Tried to run it and Nothing. Even if I add the 4th disk, it just goes away when I press Run.

I'm going to keep trying, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Thanks Hans and Andy, I learned how to set up a partition in win 10, did that. Installed the fs2004 there, added the update, and no cd patch. Tried to run it and Nothing. Even if I add the 4th disk, it just goes away when I press Run.

I'm going to keep trying, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

Sympathies Neal

We don't half suffer for our hobby sometimes.

You have probably tried this already ,but have you right clicked on your fs9 ex ,or your fs9 shortcut and tried to run with. 'Administrator rights' ?

I have just had another marathon myself Fs9 runs fine on 10 ,but it's getting some of my useful utilities to function that Iam having difficulties with.

The funny thing is installed 9 on another pc also with WS10 a couple of weeks ago that that went relatively smoothly

Anyway good luck .

CheerswAndrew

Archived