Extract panel image and dimensions from existing aircraft ?

n872cd

Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to extract the panel from a Carenado C337 P3D or XP model to use for a home cockpit design, is this possible? If so what software do I need to view it (panel)? Thanks, Yall...

If you are asking about a virtual cockpit and not a 2d (flat) panel, you cannot "extract" the panel image. It is made of separate textured mesh objects which are then combined for projection on the monitor.

The most you could do would be to take a screenshot of the panel in the sim and use that as the basis for your home cockpit design.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

• 3 weeks later...

The 2d panel image is in the aircraft's panel folder. Filename is usually panel_background.bmp

that's the 2d panel image, without the gauges.

The 3d vc does not have that, it is a 3d model and works like n4gix explained.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived