FS9 - Three Monitor Cockpit View

jh1144

I've looked through this and other forums and I am getting conflicting information on IF and HOW you can achieve a 3 monitor cockpit view with FS9. Does anyone have any surefire information on how I can make this happen?

Thank you!

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 10

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Hi,

I use a two monitor cockpit view with fsx but the work is done by the Nvidia surround feature within the Nvidia software. Once setup in the Nvidia software i see a new resolution within fsx the size of two screens.

I dont see why you cannot do the same in fs9.

Checkout the "Almost Aviation" vids on Youtube. He explains it well.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting. Hmm...I was committed to 3 monitors, but two might not look that bad.

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 7

Interesting. Hmm...I was committed to 3 monitors, but two might not look that bad.
I think the Nvidia software will display across 3 in tge same way as my two. I actually use 4 monitors but two of them are used for instruments.

Stinger

Thanks stinger2k2. I was planning on having (1) 43 inch in the middle, flanked by (2) 36 inch monitors, but maybe I do (2) 43's with a smaller instrument panel monitor to the side or below.....something to consider. Do you have a photo of your setup handy?

Thanks stinger2k2. I was planning on having (1) 43 inch in the middle, flanked by (2) 36 inch monitors, but maybe I do (2) 43's with a smaller instrument panel monitor to the side or below.....something to consider. Do you have a photo of your setup handy?
I have a video of my setup on youtube. Search for "Embraer Phenom 300 Home Cockpit" [emoji4]

If using NVidia, then yhe card will only let you use the same type of monitor and not mix and match, AFAIK. I have a 3 screen set-up and could never go back to one (it would be like flying with blinkers on!).

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

If using NVidia, then yhe card will only let you use the same type of monitor and not mix and match, AFAIK. I have a 3 screen set-up and could never go back to one (it would be like flying with blinkers on!).
I assume by this that you are talking about the main screen as my main two screens are of the same type but not the other two that i use for instruments. I have 2 x 24 for main view and two x 10 inch for instruments.

Stinger

I have a video of my setup on youtube. Search for "Embraer Phenom 300 Home Cockpit" [emoji4]

Wow! Very impressive kit! Love it. Thanks for the post.

They must be the same brand/model, etc?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived