Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FS9 - Three Monitor Cockpit View

Default FS9 - Three Monitor Cockpit View

I've looked through this and other forums and I am getting conflicting information on IF and HOW you can achieve a 3 monitor cockpit view with FS9. Does anyone have any surefire information on how I can make this happen?

Thank you!

HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop, Intel i5-7400 Processor, 8gb RAM, 1TB HDD, 3GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 Graphics, Bluetooth, HDMI, Windows 10

Hi,

I use a two monitor cockpit view with fsx but the work is done by the Nvidia surround feature within the Nvidia software. Once setup in the Nvidia software i see a new resolution within fsx the size of two screens.

I dont see why you cannot do the same in fs9.

Checkout the "Almost Aviation" vids on Youtube. He explains it well.

Cheers
    Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting. Hmm...I was committed to 3 monitors, but two might not look that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jh1144 View Post
    Interesting. Hmm...I was committed to 3 monitors, but two might not look that bad.
    I think the Nvidia software will display across 3 in tge same way as my two. I actually use 4 monitors but two of them are used for instruments.

Stinger

Thanks stinger2k2. I was planning on having (1) 43 inch in the middle, flanked by (2) 36 inch monitors, but maybe I do (2) 43's with a smaller instrument panel monitor to the side or below.....something to consider. Do you have a photo of your setup handy?

Thanks stinger2k2. I was planning on having (1) 43 inch in the middle, flanked by (2) 36 inch monitors, but maybe I do (2) 43's with a smaller instrument panel monitor to the side or below.....something to consider. Do you have a photo of your setup handy?
    I have a video of my setup on youtube. Search for "Embraer Phenom 300 Home Cockpit"

If using NVidia, then yhe card will only let you use the same type of monitor and not mix and match, AFAIK. I have a 3 screen set-up and could never go back to one (it would be like flying with blinkers on!).
    - Paul Elliott

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
    If using NVidia, then yhe card will only let you use the same type of monitor and not mix and match, AFAIK. I have a 3 screen set-up and could never go back to one (it would be like flying with blinkers on!).
    I assume by this that you are talking about the main screen as my main two screens are of the same type but not the other two that i use for instruments. I have 2 x 24 for main view and two x 10 inch for instruments.

Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by stinger2k2 View Post
    I have a video of my setup on youtube. Search for "Embraer Phenom 300 Home Cockpit"

Wow! Very impressive kit! Love it. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras View Post
    They must be the same brand/model, etc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast