Does anyone know who supplies old stock of playsims horizon Scotland VFR photographic scenery, cannot find it anywhere on the internet? (Not Scotland Airfields scenery)

Also....has anyone experience with Justflight "Resolution X" scenery I understand it can be installed as a layer over Horizon Playsims VFR photographic that in turn has been installed over default FSX .

For the Playsim stuff take a look on Ebay and Amazon. I recently (just before Xmas) got a copy of Vol4 Scotland - the Western Isles for FS2004 for a friend. Whilst searching for it I noticed many volumes of the FSX versions including some for Scotland. On Ebay for best results use the search phrase VFR Scenery Generation, Horizon VFR Scenery Generation or maybe VFR Scenery Generation X and on Amazon use the same phrases or Playsims Publishing - at the I searched this phrase on Ebay it only pulled up a few entries all for FS2004. Amother option would be to look at this LINK for the Playsims product page at FlightStore - most of the titles appear to be for the FS2004 versions but there are some FSX versions there.

WRT Resolution X - the info given on the JustFlight product page says it is compatible with the Playsims scenery. As the product is essentially an Object Library of 3D objects it should be treated as such when placing it in the priority listing - i.e. the lower down the better but always above the default FSX entries and below any terrain or ground mesh like the VFR scenery.

EDIT

I should make it clear that I don't use any of the products myself. The info regarding Resolution X is based on my experience of using general object libraries and other Terrain/Ground mesh products.

EDIT END

Regards

Brian

I'm not familiar with that product however I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THE SCOTFLIGHT SCENERY!! They have a standard version as well as ScotFlight for ORBX. Which goes on after you install the appropriate ORBX scenery

I used the ScotFlight as it came until I got a bunch of ORBX scenery, including all of the UK. Then I got ScotFlight for ORBX and have been hugely pleased. Punch ScotFlight into your search engine and check it out! ;)

Rupert

PS: Yes I know, neither ScotFlight nor ORBX are photo scenery. But since I don't often fly at 10,000' or more AGL, I'm not a fan of photo scenery in the first place.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived