P2006T recommendations?

mallcott

First of all: NOT Wilco. Even with the latest P3Dv4 update it's still a complete POS.

Anyone got any recommendations for a solid P2006T? Preferably with a glass panel. Was talking to a chap at the club this morning starting a twin rating in the USA in the spring and was hoping to recommend something for him to use as a familiarization tool between now and then.

IIRC there was a Russian devteam working on one but that was several years ago and heard nothing about release and a google search throws up nothing except things which make me throw up... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Well unfortunately what you feel is a POS is the only game in town. I did see a video on youtube by a guy who had modeled a new cockpit with glass panel for use with this model. He was debating how to make it available and what instruments to base it would -- default G1000 or some addon version. He hasn't said anything more. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuF4jP4gNbw

If you fly X-Plane there is a really nice version with both analog and glass instrumentation.

If you do happen to read this can you let me know if the passenger door opens for you. Same with the engine cover and the ability to change the female pilot to male. All three are advertised and at least the doors mentioned in the manual but I can't get anything to work.

Well unfortunately what you feel is a POS is the only game in town. I did see a video on youtube by a guy who had modeled a new cockpit with glass panel for use with this model. He was debating how to make it available and what instruments to base it would -- default G1000 or some addon version. He hasn't said anything more. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuF4jP4gNbw

If you fly X-Plane there is a really nice version with both analog and glass instrumentation.

If you do happen to read this can you let me know if the passenger door opens for you. Same with the engine cover and the ability to change the female pilot to male. All three are advertised and at least the doors mentioned in the manual but I can't get anything to work.

They all work. Suggest you don't park in a refuelling zone.

However the night map is incorrect on the overhead, certain levers and gauges work in the wrong direction while the instruments have a vague familiarity with the ones they purprot to represent.

They've had three goes at it and still can't get it right - typical Aeroplane Heaven (the actual modellers) fare in that regard - and the vast majority sold have had Garmin glass, NOT conventional instruments. Overall about as much use as tits on a bull.

Archived