Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FSX Real-World Weather Not Updating/Stuck on Last Reported Weather

I gave up on the FSX Real Weather. I use FSRealWX, a third party freeware, and it works just fine for me. I usually load my local airport, check to see that FSReaWX is displaying the local conditions correctly, and go where I want to start from. Never had a problem.
    ASN is much more advanced, but I'm so broke I can't even pay attention, as the saying goes. I do with what I can afford: freeware. I loads the weather I want just fine.
    If I want specific conditions some place I set them up with the user defined weather in FSX. Works good, lasts long time, as they say.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Dude I just gave FSrealWX a try since it seems like MS weather isn't going to be back, and FSrealWX works fantastic!

I'm not the kinda guy that say's "I told you so", but in this case...

Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm glad it works so well for you
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

4. Default

I emailed jeppeson and they told me that they haven't been supplying the real world weather to Microsoft flight sim games for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by germanstickgrenade View Post
    I emailed jeppeson and they told me that they haven't been supplying the real world weather to Microsoft flight sim games for some time.
    Welp,
    there it is, straight from the horse's...MOUTH. Yeah, mouth...

Enjoy FSRealwX.
    Pat☺

6. Default

Well JSKorna, perhaps look at it this way. DTG purchased FSX from MS. They put a little time into it and released FSXSE. Since then they have released two FAILED simulations. So it would make perfect sense that some aggrement/contract with Jeppesen may have expired. It appears, that for whatever reason, they don't seem to follow through much on anything. They do however push people to buy defunct unsupported programs to rake in as much of the customers cash as possible. That's business, at least for them. I cured the problem by purchasing ASN on STEAM. Works well with FSXSE and the weather depiction is more accurate than FSX weather ever was. It was worth the $24. Just my opinion though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2